Author Topic: Wiki uploads  (Read 3239 times)

Matthew Gagnon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Wiki uploads
« Topic Start: September 05, 2019, 01:26:52 PM »
Quick question, anyone else having an issue uploading images to the Wiki? I'm getting this error:

Could not open lock file for "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/ArylonCOA.png". Make sure your upload directory is configured correctly and your web server has permission to write to that directory. See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Manual:$wgUploadDirectory for more information.

I've done a lot of wiki development over the years, and this is usually a folder permission issue in the upload directory... but why would that have changed?

I've been away from the game for a while and just came back so maybe there's stuff going on with the wiki I didn't know about, but I was trying to refresh a lot of my old content and it would be nice to work on some images.

Anyone have any insight?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki uploads
« Reply #1: September 05, 2019, 02:02:56 PM »
We had to upgrade the Wiki to the latest version when we migrated to PHP 7, and somehow, despite following all the directions (so far as I could tell), that ended up being only partially successful, and left us with several problems, which we've been gradually tracking down and fixing since.

I will see if this one is as simple as a permissions issue later today.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Matthew Gagnon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 05, 2019, 11:41:39 PM »
No luck here, I'm guessing?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 06, 2019, 01:18:55 AM »
No luck here, I'm guessing?

Things got busy, but now I've changed what I believe to be the correct permissions. Please try it again!
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Matthew Gagnon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 06, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »
Damn. No, unfortunately I just tried to upload 5 different images, (jpegs, PNGs, etc) and they all failed. Same error got thrown:

Could not open lock file for "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/ArylonCOA.png". Make sure your upload directory is configured correctly and your web server has permission to write to that directory. See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Manual:$wgUploadDirectory for more information.

Return to Main Page.

Alas...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 07, 2019, 08:57:40 PM »
OK, I've adjusted some more permissions; please give it another try.
Timothy Collett

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 13, 2019, 09:23:49 AM »
I was able to upload an image and use it a day or so ago, so I'm betting that fixed it.