Author Topic: Right to not have a unit?  (Read 3959 times)

Rea Family

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Right to not have a unit?
« Topic Start: July 26, 2019, 02:53:02 AM »
Is it an IR not to carry a unit?

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Right to not have a unit?
« Reply #1: July 27, 2019, 03:01:17 AM »
The inalienable rights are:

Playing at your own speed, timing and activity level, i.e. logging in as often or seldom as you like, at whatever times you like.
Choosing which type of unit to command
Going to tournaments
Pausing your character(s) because you have a real life to attend to
Choosing your class

IRs are pretty clear and specific. To my knowledge, it's not. You can be ordered to get a unit and even the number of men it must have, the only thing covered by the IRs regarding units is their type.
D'Espana Family

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 13, 2019, 03:46:57 PM »
I agree. After all, the game is called Battle Master. If you are ordered to drop your trade/diplomatic efforts/bureaucratic work and pick up a unit to fight, well, you pick up a unit of your choice and fight or face the consequences of not following orders.

Don't want a unit? There is always the Priest class.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 13, 2019, 09:13:22 PM »
I don't think there's an inalienable right to not have a unit perse and don't have an issue with a character being banned for that specific offense. But likewise, I do think its against Government Rules for a realm's government to have a strict hierarchy of orders and blind followers being micromanaged. This is a game, not a military and government players should try to guide people, work with suggestions, help other players, leave people their autonomy, and ensure all parts of their realm is having fun.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 14, 2019, 02:18:58 AM »
I don't think there's an inalienable right to not have a unit perse and don't have an issue with a character being banned for that specific offense. But likewise, I do think its against Government Rules for a realm's government to have a strict hierarchy of orders and blind followers being micromanaged. This is a game, not a military and government players should try to guide people, work with suggestions, help other players, leave people their autonomy, and ensure all parts of their realm is having fun.

No such thing as EVERYONE having fun. You can try to make as many people have fun. Now the question is, should fun of individual triumph over many?

But remember, this is a game. If  your realm is trying to make you recruit a unit when you don't want to, you give them a big middle finger then leave.