Author Topic: Beluaterra - An Unlikely Encounter (co-op RP)  (Read 2847 times)

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dancer Rea

Eminence? Eminence? This child? Dancer's thoughts raced as as the veiled woman calmed her guard. Who exactly had he run into? His eyes flicked to the veil, understanding dawning on him like a crashing wave. The Margravine had spoke of her, although Dancer had never thought she would be so young. The 'Veiled Bitch'. He turned the situation over in his head. As nice as stabbing her would be, he wasn't likely to succeed, and even less likely to get away. He could simply try to run, but the guards would certainly catch him before long, whether he tripped on a tree root, or they simply outpaced him. Talking his way out of it was the only option.
    "What is your name, traveler," she asked, "you are obviously not a commoner, perhaps I have heard of your family."

Dancer did his best to sound convincing, wolfish grin still plastered across his face, "I am no one of importance, simply a traveler passing through. My friends call me Dan. Tell me, child, who are you?" He mentally chided himself. He just couldn't get past how young she was.

Quote from: Eva Foote
"I am no one of importance," his wolfish grin remained, "simply a traveler passing through. My friends call me Dan. Tell me, child, who are you?"

"Child!?" a fresh-faced guard scoffed, "you disrespectful knave!"

Erick looked back at the gold haired guard, "quiet!"

The scene descended back into tranquility, not a sound or move occurred. Rustling leaves broke the temporary silence, the forest's blanket disturbed by various unseen critters. Gradually sunlight faded behind the cover of thick clouds. Most could sense the relief of the armored guards, who were glad to have a reprieve from the midday heat. Eva, with her thinner vestments, didn't even notice. Instead, her concentration was on this "Dan".

"Child?" Eva thought, "an oblivious foreigner this one, who is he really? Not a member of the flock nor from the area, as I originally thought."

Erick wiped the sweat from his brow, the only movement in this brief wordless moment.

"I am Eva Foote," the silence was broken with her silky voice, "Grand Herald of the Veiled Goddess and Grandmistress of the Sacred Obia'Syela. Tell me, Dan, what deity do you call to in the depth of night?"

Quote from: Dancer Rea
His hand had twitched to his weapon again. He'd managed not to draw his weapon, but only just. Once again, he quelled his anger, his smile slipping for only a moment.
    "I am Eva Foote," the silence was broken with her silky voice, "Grand Herald of the Veiled Goddess and Grandmistress of the Sacred Obia'Syela. Tell me, Dan, what deity do you call to in the depth of night?"

He'd expected this, but he still didn't have an answer. By no stretch of the imagination was he going to tell her about the Lords. Not when he was surrounded. Deflection it was then. He tilted his head, inquisitively.

"The Heralds huh? I can't say I've heard much about them, Grand Herald. Who are they? What do they stand for?"

Quote from: Eva Foote
"The Heralds huh?," Dan replied, "I can't say I've heard much about them, Grand Herald. Who are they? What do they stand for?"

Dan avoided the question, a fact not unnoticed by Eva. Suspicion grew but the urge to proselytize was too strong for her to resist.

"The Veiled Goddess, Obeah," she began her monologue, "is the Goddess of magic and the only deity to take an active roll in aiding humanity against daimonic forces. The Holy Mother came to the Oracle, Rania Eastersand JeVondair, and gave her the strength to kill the Archdaimon Akkan in battle during the last invasion. Soon afterwards, in the Holy City of Keffa, the Oracle founded the Heralds of Obeah. We Heralds study magic, mysteries of the world, and spread the grace of the Holy Mother. Through the magical power of prayer, the Veiled Goddess shall be able to finally end the infernal invasions."

Eva paused for a moment before continuing: "but what, you may wonder, is so magical about prayer? The truth is, prayer has no power. The power is within us living beings, our soul as some may call it. How the power is wielded, where that soul is directed, that's what is important. Weakness, wickedness, warps the soul, empowering the ultimate evil which resides within the Netherworld. Vigor, virtuousness, vitalizes the ultimate benevolence, the Veiled Goddess. What you do matters, Dan, which path will you seek?"