Author Topic: Asylon Realm Thread  (Read 117072 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Asylon Realm Thread
« Topic Start: July 20, 2011, 09:24:55 PM »
Please only post here if you are from Asylon.

Here is the place where we can Out of characterly improve Asylon as a place for players to have fun. Try and keep it Out of Character and not to talk about IC matters. Here is a list of questions that you might want to answer:

Are you provided with a suitable income to recruit a decent unit and maintain them?

Do you feel the atmosphere is appropriately SMA?

Is the ruler trying to make an effort to try and provide interest in the realm?

What do you think is making you stay in Asylon?

Are you feeling ignored from the ruler and council members?

Is there good amounts excitement and action in Asylon?

Feel free to write a review or criticism about Asylon. Now I don't really want to determine what direction the realm should IG but instead try and find out how we can try and include everyone and help people to become more involved in the realm. I want you to try and contribute as much as you want to Asylon so that we can a realm that is interesting, fun and exciting for all players to partake in.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Asylon Realm Thread
« Reply #1: July 20, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »
Are you provided with a suitable income to recruit a decent unit and maintain them?

Indeed, As the Duke of Echiur I find it harder to find recruits to the recruitmentcenter then actually recruit and maintain a large unit, my dear City Guards tend to run headlong into battle and get themselves killed, So I need more hours to recruit! =D.

Yes, i find most of our correnspondence within the realm is very appropriet, and so is the moments of Roleplay that plays out in the realm.

Yes, BUT it is not only the rulers job, myself i try to indulge some of our members in various correnspondence and action, myself ive been slacking of on the RP bit, but even so, there is plenty going on in the realm, atleast what I've seen. Religion, battles with monsters and region grooming.

A merry bunch of people, hehe, I like the characters we have, i like the fact that we had plenty of IC conflict that has been overcomed, the religious turmoil and to see if our diplomatic skill will keep us alive. And ofc the responsibility of my Duchy =D.

No.

Yes. But we need more Knights to make it even more interesting. Atleast that what i think is the main issue for us, the one thing that keeps us from growing even stronger.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 21, 2011, 12:51:48 AM »

Here is the place where we can Out of characterly improve Asylon as a place for players to have fun. Try and keep it Out of Character and not to talk about IC matters. Here is a list of questions that you might want to answer:

Feel free to write a review or criticism about Asylon. Now I don't really want to determine what direction the realm should IG but instead try and find out how we can try and include everyone and help people to become more involved in the realm. I want you to try and contribute as much as you want to Asylon so that we can a realm that is interesting, fun and exciting for all players to partake in.

1. Yes, I am fairly well off with my region income.

2. SMA, yes it's good.

3. Yes, I have found all of our rulers to be very good at what they do. We  have been lucky since the popular revolution... :P

4. Why stay in Asylon?: We are the underdogs, we are isolated by distance, by neighbors, by strategic placement of our city, yet we have managed to found 3 different religion temples. Maintained our central core of original nobles, fought back and overcame hordes of monsters, expanded and staved off the wrath of Caerwyn. United our peoples as one, overcame religious issues to a good degree. Asylon is a nation united by our differences, we are strong because of it.

5. I don't get enough attention  :P

6. Like Grimrog said, we need knights. We do well enough with the handful we have but in order to be better we need the manpower. Currently too few of us have too many different jobs. The selling point of joining Asylon is this... You are insured power and land.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:53:45 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 21, 2011, 01:59:46 AM »
For what its worth, most of us in Terran are rooting for you. You're a friendly realm that shares our commitment to moderate policies towards SA. You are involved in our cultural sphere of guilds and whatnot, often provide interesting entertainment, and ya'll are ballsy. Worshipping daimons, fighting the monsters, and breaking a treaty with Caerwyn.

Whether Asylon is fun internally or not, it's great fun for your neighbors.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 21, 2011, 05:04:25 AM »
I think Asylon is fun internally, the main thing is we all have very different personalities. Moritz was very diplomatic, Hengist and I clash on Caerwyn issues all the time, yet I have deep respect for his character ooG. Randemicos helped me found Thulsoma and was the general there the whole time and moved with me across to Asylon and served as general on and off here, I don't know anything about him in RL, but we have been a good team, I respect how independent he is. Zhoeysa brings a lot to the team by being an outsider from Aquilegia and now our Queen. Grimrog is our ale swilling barbarian. Priest Geg of VE has been a friend of Glaumring's way before even Thulsoma and huge reason why I went to Asylon. And Redemption II is solid as a rock and works hard on his region. We have a few new nobles that have stuck around now for a while and we are starting to get to know them better, I hope they stay long. They are our future.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 21, 2011, 05:18:39 AM »
Yes, I like everyone in the realm. They all add something even if my character doesn't agree with them.  I'm hoping to see our new nobles be fleshed out more so that we can have a pretty diverse crowd in a small realm.

Hehe, by the way, Redemption II is a woman. The only other one besides Zhoesya. ;)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 21, 2011, 06:05:38 AM »
Yes, I like everyone in the realm. They all add something even if my character doesn't agree with them.  I'm hoping to see our new nobles be fleshed out more so that we can have a pretty diverse crowd in a small realm.

Hehe, by the way, Redemption II is a woman. The only other one besides Zhoesya. ;)

Yeah, I always mess up that one. It's like the ambassador from Terran 'Labell' always called him a girl.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 21, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
For what its worth, most of us in Terran are rooting for you. You're a friendly realm that shares our commitment to moderate policies towards SA. You are involved in our cultural sphere of guilds and whatnot, often provide interesting entertainment, and ya'll are ballsy. Worshipping daimons, fighting the monsters, and breaking a treaty with Caerwyn.

Whether Asylon is fun internally or not, it's great fun for your neighbors.

Only post if you are from Asylon!!!!!!

Jeeeez some people...
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 21, 2011, 11:12:41 AM »
Only post if you are from Asylon!!!!!!

LOL think of the bloodpressure kid ^_^'

Siren

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 21, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »

1. Yes!

2. Yes!

3. Yup!

4. First small realm in a while that actually seems to have some interesting characters and not trying to just simply conquer everything. *cough* Avenel *cough* Melodia *cough*

5. Nope!

6. Obviously more knights, but I think it would be cool to have a niche for our realm. I know we are all chummy with the Zuma so it might be cool if we used that to attract more knights.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 22, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »
I don't mind other posting here! ;D

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 22, 2011, 07:36:49 PM »
Haha yeah I was just kidding. I just thought the first line of the topic was kinda funny. "only post if you are from Asylon"

But that's what I get for using sarcasm on the internet  :P
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 23, 2011, 12:58:36 AM »
Haha yeah I was just kidding. I just thought the first line of the topic was kinda funny. "only post if you are from Asylon"

But that's what I get for using sarcasm on the internet  :P

I thought we told you to stop posting here! ;)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 23, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »
It was kinda of a joke since I couldn't stop you anyways, other than complain loudly. ;)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 23, 2011, 07:34:34 PM »
I would like to also suggest that Asylonians join the Véinsørmoot guild hall in Terran if they ever find their way down there. It is not entirely important that you do as many of their going on's do not directly affect us, yet there is a need for communication with Messoccidans (us) and the Maroccidans (them) as we are all sort of in the same area together and the Véinsørmoot seems to be one of the more active guilds in this region. Also, if requested and a need was made, I could fund the building of a guildhouse in Asylon.