Author Topic: Asylon Realm Thread  (Read 117168 times)

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Asylon Realm Thread
« Reply #30: October 14, 2011, 02:56:41 AM »
There are quite a few powerful people who want to keep feeding the Zuma, and religion is playing a part of that as well. Also, the Zuma are so very nice, who would want them to starve?
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 14, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »
There are quite a few powerful people who want to keep feeding the Zuma, and religion is playing a part of that as well. Also, the Zuma are so very nice, who would want them to starve?

So D'Hara can become the supplier instead, of course! :)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 14, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »

Not to mention to pay well for the food. I hope we can get more gold out of the sales though.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 18, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »
There are quite a few powerful people who want to keep feeding the Zuma

::)

Funny how Chenier just stopped trading with us...
Now we can send everything!
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 18, 2011, 01:57:49 PM »
::)

Funny how Chenier just stopped trading with us...
Now we can send everything!

Funny how little it would take to have the moot support Aurvandil. They aren't so smug with their food supplies, after all.  ;D

And I didn't stop trading with you. You just arbitrarily decided that a price that was more than enough for everyone else on the continent wasn't good enough for you. And why should I have you bankrupt me if our traders can buy food in your city for cheaper instead?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 18, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »
Funny how little it would take to have the moot support Aurvandil. They aren't so smug with their food supplies, after all.  ;D

Nah i think the moot has more honor than just going to the cheapest exporter, not looking at what they really are.
Like everything except a republic or 'good' and 'just'  in the Moots republican ideology.
The moot is not that cheap as you describe it, your character is just cheap. ;)

And I didn't stop trading with you. You just arbitrarily decided that a price that was more than enough for everyone else on the continent wasn't good enough for you. And why should I have you bankrupt me if our traders can buy food in your city for cheaper instead?

lets keep this discusion IC, its more fun.
I am not going to explain everything OOCly as well, i see no point to that.
Its a typical domination discussion, who is more dominant, can your character alone decide to alter the conditions of stable and friendly business relations or not and what are the consequences.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 18, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »
Nah i think the moot has more honor than just going to the cheapest exporter, not looking at what they really are.
Like everything except a republic or 'good' and 'just'  in the Moots republican ideology.
The moot is not that cheap as you describe it, your character is just cheap. ;)

Republican, good, just? That's to be a *member* of the 'moot. Not a criteria to be allies. I don't think anyone really cares for the system of governance of outsiders all that much unless to has to do with adhesion to the 'moot.

And I don't think many view Madina as "good" and "just". Greedy, mischievous, and bidding your time to cause us trouble again once Aurvandil is gone is more like it.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 18, 2011, 06:13:11 PM »
And I don't think many view Madina as "good" and "just". Greedy, mischievous, and bidding your time to cause us trouble again once Aurvandil is gone is more like it.

Agreed.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 18, 2011, 06:40:26 PM »

haha
perhaps Madina and D'haras fued is still rooted deep in distrust of each other.
Don't worry, where not stupid, Paisly is really a hard pressed objective, no one with brains will ever attempt that again.
Or did our armies impress you THAT much from our current civil war?

What i ment was solemnly from your ideological point of view.
Madina and the Moot shares it's republican system and free or near free markets.
While the rebels are following an absolute monarch.

and be fair, when have you ever had some city offer you any amount of food you'd possibly need for a long time deal, that proofed to be stable and consistent in its deliveries?
Its perfect for you to do what you want, to export your food for almost double the price with the zuma, who offer long term buying agreements for extremely high prices.
I don't get it.

egamma

« Reply #39: October 18, 2011, 07:52:05 PM »
haha
perhaps Madina and D'haras fued is still rooted deep in distrust of each other.
Don't worry, where not stupid, Paisly is really a hard pressed objective, no one with brains will ever attempt that again.
Or did our armies impress you THAT much from our current civil war?

What i ment was solemnly from your ideological point of view.
Madina and the Moot shares it's republican system and free or near free markets.
While the rebels are following an absolute monarch.

and be fair, when have you ever had some city offer you any amount of food you'd possibly need for a long time deal, that proofed to be stable and consistent in its deliveries?
Its perfect for you to do what you want, to export your food for almost double the price with the zuma, who offer long term buying agreements for extremely high prices.
I don't get it.

If you saw Paisly's tax income, you'd understand. By sending manual caravans or traders, he can be sure to not bankrupt Paisly again.

Besides, why are you complaining? I just bought 500 bushels off you.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 18, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »
We import food from every corner of the continent, and on the long term Barca should be able to feed us at a lesser price.

I've run calculations the other day and came to the conclusion that D'Hara will need *massive* investments in terms of warehouses if it is to become a strong trade hub that doesn't need to worry about its own starvation. Trade with the Zuma could allow to finance this in part, but we don't have any traders available off the bat to do this, and re-assigning one would take time. We also don't have any estimates as far as population growth right now, and since the last time we sold them food we had our worst starvation in ages, there's some reluctance to get rid of these stocks.

The prices we were paying for Aurvandil and Madina are considerably greater than what we pay anywhere else, and the massive deficits it causes prevents the accumulation of capital necessary to invest in warehouses. As such, to rely on food imports of that price is simply unsustainable, as demand will only continue to increase. Considering that to get to the Zuma Madinian traders would need to pass by D'Hara, nobody really believes Madina has any other significant trading parters to export all of their goods to, and therefore conclude that they should get the same price everyone else does.

As for relations, it's not so much of a fear of a colonization attempt of Paisly anymore as how hard it is to become friendly with someone who bleeds you dry and talks as if you would be nothing without them.

And indeed, as egamma said, Paisly's finances are pitiful. If I were greedy, I'd ask for my old title as Marquis of Paisland.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: October 18, 2011, 08:10:16 PM »
Luria can use all of Madina's food production, you know.  Or it can once Giask and all the rest of the cities finish repopulating.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: October 18, 2011, 08:18:12 PM »
So isn't it time you start fighting amongst yourselves again then? ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: October 18, 2011, 08:30:11 PM »
Luria can use all of Madina's food production, you know.  Or it can once Giask and all the rest of the cities finish repopulating.

Yea, I'm sure Giask will be calling Madina in 10 years or so for that.

Considering the Lurias, they'd be more interested into bullying someone for that food than to buy it at 50 gold per unit.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: October 18, 2011, 09:33:01 PM »
Luria Nova is having rather large surpluses right now.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).