Author Topic: Asylon Realm Thread  (Read 117222 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Asylon Realm Thread
« Reply #180: March 11, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »
So long as people sell you food...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: March 11, 2012, 09:11:41 PM »
Yeah, you've got it pretty good, too.

Imo, Madina, as long as it controls Fissoa and Candiels, would be the most defensible realm of all. Sure, it wouldn't have as many layers of walls as D'Hara, but at least it'd be pretty darn far from everyone and a safe supply of food to cover its needs.

So long as people sell you food...

Supply isn't the problem it used to be.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: March 12, 2012, 02:02:15 AM »
Lol didnt Madina just fall? Defensible means nothing if you cannot motivate and coordinate your nobles. The only reason Astrum is assumed to be defensible is because its never been attacked by a sizable coordinated force.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: March 12, 2012, 05:06:35 AM »
Lol didnt Madina just fall? Defensible means nothing if you cannot motivate and coordinate your nobles. The only reason Astrum is assumed to be defensible is because its never been attacked by a sizable coordinated force.

Well now that's just untrue. What do you call the two-front war we fought with Averoth and Caerwyn? By itself, Averoth had a bigger mobile army than we did (at 14k CS), and they were *extremely* well coordinated. They used to get 100% movement rates starting just a few hours before the turn change routinely. Heck, the only thing that saved us was the fact that Caerwyn couldn't get past our fortifications in Eidulb Outskirts and into our core regions. As it was, they destroyed Duil and Chrysantalys Mines pretty thoroughly while we had no choice but to focus our defenses against Averoth since they posed the bigger threat.

In any case, you don't have to be so defensive. I was just making a joke/observation about your rather interesting geography; you've got a very long eastern border, though in truth a lot of it is rendered more defensible than one might think thanks to the fortuitous placement of several bodies of water and a couple of mountains and townslands. I don't think Astrum is better than Asylon or vice versa, and I'm not trying to play 'who has the bigger e-peen'. Just made one little joke that apparently fell flat... Sheesh.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 05:10:01 AM by Geronus »

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: March 12, 2012, 08:38:40 AM »
Another nicely-positioned realm would have been Summerdale, if it had Mt. Black Nastrond and Nifelhold to hold its eastern entrance and Valkyrja island on its west. Then there's the obvious Balance fortress, but I'm not sure it could keep a realm supplied with enough food to survive.

Regarding Asylon, it has a chain of regions that, if broken into, would tear the realm in two (Kybcyell, Uppervia, Itaufueld, Shuberstone), but it has a strategically-placed capital at Via. If fortifications were raised in Wallershire and Itaufield, the loss of Kybcyell corridor won't be as hampering (especially since we have food producers behind the capital, at Vakreno and the regions surround Koshtalom.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: March 12, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »

Notice I said "With Fissoa and Candiels".

Creating new realms out of these cities (both willingly, like Fissoa, and unwillingly, like Candiels) creates a major vulnerability. Just like D'Hara wouldn't accept anyone to plant a realm in Sallowtown, I see it as a severe lack of judgment of Madina's part to have allowed realms in those regions (Candiels, I believe, was planned to secede eventually anyways).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: March 13, 2012, 12:20:38 AM »
I don't think Astrum is better than Asylon or vice versa, and I'm not trying to play 'who has the bigger e-peen'. Just made one little joke that apparently fell flat... Sheesh.

I always appreciate some jokes and e-peens. Especially as your E-peen, fell flat... See what I did there ;).

Plus, i like our tall country, it makes my e-peen feel like a big one.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: March 13, 2012, 02:43:25 AM »
Our Kingdom has gone for length instead of girth... It's sad really.  :'(

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: March 13, 2012, 08:34:04 AM »
Our Kingdom has gone for length instead of girth... It's sad really.  :'(

Thats what she said... The farmers daughter.... You know.... in Aspar...

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: March 13, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
Girth is, apparently, what's important. You don't want to stretch too deep into unknown territory, or you might end up running into solid walls.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #190: March 13, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »
*facepaws*

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: March 13, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »
Yeah tell that to to Thailand, Burma.... And the undefeated Vietnam.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #192: March 13, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
Technically Vietnam was a military victory, and a political defeat. The Vietcong were no longer an effective fighting force after the Tet offensive.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: March 13, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
Awwww, Asylon has grown up so fast.

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: March 13, 2012, 08:59:36 PM »
Awwww, Asylon has grown up so fast.

The former rulers has set a good foundation ;)