Author Topic: Asylon Realm Thread  (Read 117213 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Asylon Realm Thread
« Reply #195: March 13, 2012, 10:42:39 PM »
Technically Vietnam was a military victory, and a political defeat. The Vietcong were no longer an effective fighting force after the Tet offensive.

A defeated force that continues to manage to repel the viet minh is defeated? Despite ongoing illegal US bombing following the official retreat?

Victory depends on what you set as your objectives. The objectives here were to prevent the viet cong from forming a government. This obviously failed.

The only thing the US achieved was killing a lot of innocents and poisoning generations with their outright criminal use of chemicals.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #196: March 13, 2012, 11:45:12 PM »
If you want to talk about this in detail, Chenier, please make a thread for it. I'm not going to go in-depth about what was wrong with your statements in this thread, because that would be off-topic.

Anyways, I wonder what Asylon's relationship with Kabrinskia will turn out to be in the next few months.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: March 14, 2012, 12:03:56 AM »
Hopefully violence. We need excitement.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: March 14, 2012, 12:37:08 AM »
Hopefully violence. We need excitement.

Nah, I'm fine with a grand global peace. Surplus of food due to lack of fighting is bond to allow us to bring the trade prices down. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: March 14, 2012, 02:11:26 AM »
Nah, I'm fine with a grand global peace.

This seems to be what the people in power in Terran are shooting for.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: March 14, 2012, 02:58:08 AM »
I kinda a doubt that considering Vellos statement and he is the ruler so he is the person with the most power in Terran.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: March 14, 2012, 03:45:00 AM »
Umm sorry to dredge this up again... But Vietnam was hardly beaten after the war with the states... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War

They had a war with China in 1979....

We do speak with Kabrinskia and Terran ever so often, mainly though Asylon only has time to maintain its huge kingdom and massive gold and food, our nobles are also too many to count at times so we spend hours doing headcounts and it takes a month to march from one end of Asylon to another. Playing in Asylon is like playing inside of a another entire map of Dwilight... Its just that involved and awesome compared to other realms...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: March 14, 2012, 03:55:19 AM »
We do speak with Kabrinskia and Terran ever so often, mainly though Asylon only has time to maintain its huge kingdom and massive gold and food, our nobles are also too many to count at times so we spend hours doing headcounts and it takes a month to march from one end of Asylon to another. Playing in Asylon is like playing inside of a another entire map of Dwilight... Its just that involved and awesome compared to other realms...

I love propaganda that is so blatant!
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #203: March 14, 2012, 05:16:37 AM »
Umm sorry to dredge this up again... But Vietnam was hardly beaten after the war with the states... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War

They had a war with China in 1979....

*shakes head* I thought I had already asked that if someone had anything else to say about the subject they do so in the proper subforum, this thread is not that.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: March 14, 2012, 06:14:12 AM »

This seems to be what the people in power in Terran are shooting for.

Heh.

I think every single Senator or Magistrate in Terran has some realm in mind that Terran Really Should Attack. It's just that nobody has a majority for their realm-of-choice.

But, I'm pretty sure Terran will get some stirring-up soon... and in a way nobody is expecting. *dramatic music*
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: March 14, 2012, 06:20:07 AM »
I think every single Senator or Magistrate in Terran has some realm in mind that Terran Really Should Attack. It's just that nobody has a majority for their realm-of-choice.

Lol, true.

I'm just jaded from my inadequacy in verbal-swordsmanship to Samuel.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: March 14, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
*shakes head* I thought I had already asked that if someone had anything else to say about the subject they do so in the proper subforum, this thread is not that.

You asked. But that doesn't mean anyone has to comply.

Still, I'm curious as to what your dazzling arguments of American military supremacy are, so I did comply: http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2135.0.html

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: March 14, 2012, 10:28:45 PM »
But, I'm pretty sure Terran will get some stirring-up soon... and in a way nobody is expecting. *dramatic music*

By helping Morek and attacking the Zuma? That would be a way no one would expect since its daimons you would have to attack.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: March 14, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »
Terran won't attack the Zuma.  For all their bluff and bluster about being the military power of the 'Moot they are relatively weak.  Kabrinskia has almost as much CS as they do and we are second on Dwilight for CS per noble.  Terran has 100% more wealth than Kabrinskia yet only 10% more military.   

That just adds to my suspicion that Terran is working with the Zuma.     :P
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #209: March 14, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »
And I don't even have a unit right now, meaning if I were to choose to, I could get a decent unit.