Author Topic: [Rejected] Leave realm now - be rogue  (Read 2350 times)

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
[Rejected] Leave realm now - be rogue
« Topic Start: August 02, 2019, 12:17:07 PM »
Why no can say, "No more this realm. No more this lord"? If is oath, oath is said thing. Break oath also said thing.

Why must always travel for other place, give sword?

Feature Request: "Quit realm button". Makes rogue now.

That everything.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:24:29 PM by Wimpie »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Leave realm now - be rogue
« Reply #1: August 02, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »
The game is designed with the explicit expectation and intention that nobles will belong to realms as the default. It is not desirable to make it easier to be a random rogue running around.

If you want to play a lone wolf or ronin samurai, then your options are a) play an adventurer, b) belong to a realm and do stuff on your own as long as they'll let you, or c) go play Dark Souls or something, because BattleMaster is a team game.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ocean Yong Kiran

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 02, 2019, 10:41:09 PM »
no is "want to play rogue"

is "want to leave now"

not same thing. have good reason, no want say for every one read

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 02, 2019, 10:43:47 PM »
The problem is, that's an extremely niche situation to be in, while people wanting to be a lone wolf ninja are a dime a dozen. It invites abuse, and is not a generally helpful feature.

It's not something I'm going to say I would absolutely never ever do, but even if I approved it now (which I won't), it wouldn't be implemented and sent live in time for it to help you if you actually want to leave a realm right the hell now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 05, 2019, 04:13:42 AM »
I don't see why this would be necessary at all. What kind of situation do you find yourself in that you need to vacate a realm that very turn? Most of the geography of BM lets you reach another realm within a day or so of traveling.

This sounds like it would be used for the sole purpose of dodging bans.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 05, 2019, 08:22:00 AM »
Don't really see any point of this feature. Can be abused while doing very little.