Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 539061 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1245: November 09, 2011, 07:05:32 AM »
And if you were a proper student of history, you would realize that is exactly what Rommel did to the British... he pushed well past the so called "front line" deep into territory supposedly under British control and hit them at the core of their army, where the command posts and fuel depots were.

Anyways, I prefer a role-played border as well, I was just putting in a suggestion if we ever did make borders a hard-coded reality. So we're arguing over semantics.

That was the whole concept behind the Blitzkrieg in general, it was never limited to Rommel and the African campaign. As an Australian and a ex military officer I am quiet aware of the African Campaign, the siege of Tobruk is second only to the Gallipoli landings in terms of importance to Australian Military Culture.

Thus I know that the initial push by Rommel took advantage of circumstance more then anything, as he pushed far past his planned advance due to a combination of British forces having been weakened to reinforce the Greek front, and a reluctance of the British forces to engage as they over estimated the German forces strength. Rommel took advantage and harried their retreat, which prevented them from reforming and building defensive works, resulting in a surprising fast advance.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.