Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 536970 times)

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1470: December 02, 2011, 01:18:25 AM »
Hehe, I am working on the scout defense problem, as we speek...
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471: December 02, 2011, 01:30:48 AM »
Hehe, I am working on the scout defense problem, as we speek...

NO DON'T, I need 1 or two more days :)

Hopefully we will see more people making good sized patrol fleets with the change
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472: December 02, 2011, 04:30:02 PM »
I want Scout Defence left in :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473: December 02, 2011, 06:21:33 PM »
NO DON'T, I need 1 or two more days :)

Hopefully we will see more people making good sized patrol fleets with the change

The new system will use the defensive strength of the defending fleet to determine how much effect it has -- so I'd suggest building frigates or destroyers...  Also, if the defending fleet's defense strength is large enough (greater than attacker's attack strength/10), it will stop the attack from happening that turn (combat of course will still happen...)

The defender(s) will also change the amount of damage done by attacker's who can get through (proportional to their defense strength).

I'm also going to up the capitulation chance a bit...  I'll send out an announcement in the turn report, probably tomorrow, and make the change in a few days (give people some time to fiddle...)
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474: December 02, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »
The new system will use the defensive strength of the defending fleet to determine how much effect it has -- so I'd suggest building frigates or destroyers...  Also, if the defending fleet's defense strength is large enough (greater than attacker's attack strength/10), it will stop the attack from happening that turn (combat of course will still happen...)

The defender(s) will also change the amount of damage done by attacker's who can get through (proportional to their defense strength).

I'm also going to up the capitulation chance a bit...  I'll send out an announcement in the turn report, probably tomorrow, and make the change in a few days (give people some time to fiddle...)

Sounds reasonably fair.

Any progress on ideas about changing capitulation chances for various empire sizes, or inefficiencies as empires increase in size?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475: December 03, 2011, 05:21:06 AM »
hey vellos is qyasogk your alt?

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476: December 03, 2011, 08:03:10 AM »

Hehehehehehe. 

I'll probably do that soon, that, or a happiness index for each planet, haven't decided yet.  This is a work in process, I can't do 8 things at once.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477: December 03, 2011, 08:07:58 AM »

No, Haman is my alternate account, and qyasogk is an ally.

Aren't you a bit far from qyasogk?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478: December 03, 2011, 08:29:25 PM »

I am myself. Why would Vellos make another user account for an alt? Did you have a question? Do you have an alt?

After checking out your empire, I can't tell you how jealous I am of the star density in your area. But that's your advantage for starting way before me.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:50:18 PM by Qyasogk »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1479: December 05, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
Ok, fodder and I are going to team up against this player known as nineteen99. Anyone else want to join in? *looks at Dave*

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480: December 06, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »
Ok, fodder and I are going to team up against this player known as nineteen99. Anyone else want to join in? *looks at Dave*

I try to stay neutral, sorry man.  :)  I need to implement gunrunning -- then I could help you out.  hehe.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1481: December 06, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »
darn...

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482: December 06, 2011, 10:48:45 PM »
meh.. as i said before.. dave should really go and kill off kingdante

and i think 19 might have gone inactive...
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1483: December 06, 2011, 10:53:17 PM »
Dave should finish undoing the scout defense. I have close to 1000 cruisers standing by to take on two of Oldrys colonies, but with scout defense, that would just be wasting them on the PD until I'm sick of it.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484: December 06, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Um, can I kill the colony that I'm busy colonising around? My OCD will really really hate you having a planet in the middle of all mine. Hell every day I think about abandoning the Masdus account so I can go colonise somewhere that isn't so packed and results in people having different coloured planets IN MY SPACE.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.