Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 538584 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1905: March 17, 2012, 09:55:31 AM »
this game should be dead pretty soon

Care to elaborate?

On another note, seems Hierulf has finally gotten his fleets to where I am. Fleets with 100SBS all over the place and yesterday I spotted a fleet with 500SBS. I suppose it's time to finally start losing to him  ::)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906: March 17, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »
how many players are there really?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1907: March 17, 2012, 02:04:23 PM »
When someone is flying 100 SBS, it's time to introduce a death star - or re-think the relation between the ships, make the SBS really super by making it ten times as expensive as it is, etc.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908: March 17, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
eh... i think i had 100 sbs before. it's just a matter of gathering a wad of them at a planet and group them up.
firefox

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909: March 17, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »
When someone is flying 100 SBS, it's time to introduce a death star - or re-think the relation between the ships, make the SBS really super by making it ten times as expensive as it is, etc.

100SBS isn't that hard to come by to be honest. I've been popping out fleets like that once every other day or so. Sometimes there's 150 of them in the fleet or more, depends a bit on how the ships from surrounding planets arrive in the production centers. In total I've probably got about 2000 of them flying around right now.

But yeah, they're not that super as far as difficulty of obtaining them goes. They're pretty super in combat though, but PD plops them out of the sky quite effectively(I've seen ~15 out of 90 go down in one shot from a PD).

I think the game would actually benefit more from making mixed fleets a lot better and making a fleet consisting only of 100SBS incredibly vulnerable to, say, destroyers or frigates, since there'd be nothing screening for the big ships. I don't think anyone actually uses frigates or destroyers other than as a panic defense when a fleet gets nearby a planet that can't produce anything else.

btw. just noticed the Help section has carriers and fighters listed now. Can't seem to build them though, but sounds like an interesting addition :)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910: March 17, 2012, 04:15:35 PM »
Are there many still playing this?   Can you tell me a little bit about the game?
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1911: March 17, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »
I'm still playing this, there are quite a few here still playing this as well. Basically it's a turn-based space strategy game. Unlike many out there, however, you do not need to go to war to expand. In fact, war can slow down your expansion, if you're not careful.

100SBS isn't that hard to come by to be honest. I've been popping out fleets like that once every other day or so. Sometimes there's 150 of them in the fleet or more, depends a bit on how the ships from surrounding planets arrive in the production centers. In total I've probably got about 2000 of them flying around right now.

Yes, it isn't very hard to get 100 SBS. I got that with my alt account, and the player of LucasAvis can tell you that Komurov is not a very large empire.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912: March 17, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
My arcs are finally getting close to the galaxy's edge.

So far, no sign of anyone else settle in the area.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913: March 18, 2012, 01:36:30 AM »
how many players are there really?

A few more then when I started playing it. In general it would seem that the game is slowly building up its retained player base. That said a lot of new players come and go, but those that stay tend to stick around from what I see.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914: March 18, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »
Well the standard way to win is to grow but to grow is to lose so to win is to lose is to quit.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1915: March 18, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »
Or maybe you're not doing it in an efficient manner?

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916: March 18, 2012, 09:50:21 PM »
Well the standard way to win is to grow but to grow is to lose so to win is to lose is to quit.

Wow, someone woke up a little grumpy this morning.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917: March 18, 2012, 10:22:40 PM »
Wow, someone woke up a little grumpy this morning.

No, he is always like that.

Think of Dave's Galaxy like BM. There is no "win" just goals and plans.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918: March 18, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »
No, he is always like that.

Think of Dave's Galaxy like BM. There is no "win" just goals and plans.

Well, you can take over the entire galaxy and win. Nothing actually preventing that :)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919: March 18, 2012, 11:38:47 PM »
Well, you can take over the entire galaxy and win. Nothing actually preventing that :)

Shhh don't tell everyone my plan