Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 538562 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1920: March 19, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
Or maybe you're not doing it in an efficient manner?

...pretty sure I'm slaughtering all of you noobs

Think of Dave's Galaxy like BM. There is no "win" just goals and plans.

The only goal is expansion. Imagine if everyone just stopped expanding and massed PD.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:21:47 PM by Kai »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921: March 19, 2012, 09:50:44 PM »
...pretty sure I'm slaughtering all of you noobs

The only goal is expansion. Imagine if everyone just stopped expanding and massed PD.

And yet those who aren't following your supposed "goal" seem to be enjoying the game far more then yourself. I gave up pure expansion some time ago. Diplomacy and war are a hell of a lot more fun. I'm still expanding mind you, but their is a significant purpose behind it and I'm certainly not just spamming arcs from ever planet possible.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922: March 19, 2012, 10:05:19 PM »
I'm hoping for a galactic reset.  :-[

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923: March 19, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »
I'm hoping for a galactic reset.  :-[

I used to, but then I realised that those using the auto arc scripts will just out compete everyone again but probably on a greater scale. When/If Dave implements things that make larger empires require more attention perhaps a reset would be good.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924: March 20, 2012, 03:37:20 PM »
Expansion alone isn't a challenge with 85% of the map still unclaimed. It's just a matter of how many arcs you can send out.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925: March 21, 2012, 12:46:41 AM »
Expansion alone isn't a challenge with 85% of the map still unclaimed. It's just a matter of how many arcs you can send out.

And how long you are willing to wait before they arrive.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926: March 21, 2012, 11:24:22 AM »
how many times you'll tolerate the !@#$ty interface and click until you have RSI

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927: March 21, 2012, 11:54:26 AM »
how many times you'll tolerate the !@#$ty interface and click until you have RSI

Nah just write a script like Hierulf.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928: March 26, 2012, 10:33:14 PM »
Nah just write a script like Hierulf.

How?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929: March 27, 2012, 01:14:05 AM »
How?

Few different ways. You could use a language like Python or Ruby and use their URL handling routines to basically automate different commands on the page. Or you could use something like Greasemonkey and Javascript to interact with the page as well. The simplest way is to use a macro language, but I don't have much experience with that and all the best ones look like they cost a fair bit of cash.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930: March 27, 2012, 01:38:25 AM »
For those interested in Hierufs defense. For the last few months I've been placing fleets at his planets ready to go. I hit war last night and the results are in. I've lost somewhere between 50-75% of my fleets to overlapping defenses. Looks like I have captured about 60% of my targets in one turn. I expect things will be much much worse for my following waves though.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931: March 27, 2012, 02:35:39 AM »
For those interested in Hierufs defense. For the last few months I've been placing fleets at his planets ready to go. I hit war last night and the results are in. I've lost somewhere between 50-75% of my fleets to overlapping defenses. Looks like I have captured about 60% of my targets in one turn. I expect things will be much much worse for my following waves though.

Well done. I wish you luck. I've basically stopped playing my Vellos account; my Haman account is far more interesting, and Hierulf is so far from there that I hardly give him any thought.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932: March 27, 2012, 02:38:49 AM »
Well done. I wish you luck. I've basically stopped playing my Vellos account; my Haman account is far more interesting, and Hierulf is so far from there that I hardly give him any thought.

Well at my best estimate is I just lost 30,000 battleships to the opening turn :) My main hope is my own defense frightens him off. I can already see him trying to claim !@#$ty little undefended planets I took off his buddy Oldry, but no movement towards my own core.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933: March 27, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »
Well at my best estimate is I just lost 30,000 battleships to the opening turn :) My main hope is my own defense frightens him off. I can already see him trying to claim !@#$ty little undefended planets I took off his buddy Oldry, but no movement towards my own core.

Once he wakes up he'll come at you with 30,000 superbattleships ;)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934: March 27, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »
Once he wakes up he'll come at you with 30,000 superbattleships ;)

Yeah but he sends them 100 at a time. To take on serious PD defence you need to spam fleets at the one time and I've not seen Hieruf do that. I will lose some planets I'm sure, after all I'm only logging in once every few days, but I just don't see him making a real impact against my core production areas.