Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 537626 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #225: August 01, 2011, 01:06:27 AM »
Cheers, I didn't really understand that chart. According to it, I should have gained anti-matter for a bit before it flat lining (but I haven't gained any at all). Also, steel production looks like it should have started immediately and my hydrocarbon production should be much higher than it is now. Maybe it's based off old figures?

hmmm.... I thought I understood the graph... now I'm not so sure.

It is accurate for population, or at least seems to be. And thus far seems accurate for hydrocarbons. Unobtanium and krellmetal should be right as well; they don't appear until matter synths are built. The graph looks right for food too. Antimatter's slope looks correct (new antimatter should begin to be produced around 20 society level), but it seems to be at the wrong threshold. I think many of the units are screwy on the graph, but the slopes are right. I don't understand the collapse of quatloos that the graph shows... nor the collapse of steel... quatloos should show a slow but steady growth from taxes... unless it's measuring "gross economic output" rather than "tax revenues," which is entirely possible, but makes it nearly useless for game purposes.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner