Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 539776 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #255: August 04, 2011, 02:07:10 AM »
Just tried registering to see what the fuss was about, and all I see is a black screen.  None of the menus seem to work, and it just looks completely broken.  Is it down at the moment?

Edit(psy): Worked it out.  The game appears not to be compatible with Opera browser, which is a bit lousy since Opera is so good.  I don't mind Tom making his game incompatible with IE because IE is awful, but not compatible with my favourite Opera?  *sticks tongue out at Dave*

Name:   Spherical Whatsit
Owner:   psymann

At first sight, this looks like a big map of people who got here long before me and started building frightening-sized empires not far away from me.  And that feels rather like Tribal Wars, which scares me.  And then it looks as if the longer you play, the more colonies you get, and the longer it takes to manage them all, making the game seem lightweight to start, and then take ages in, say, six months' time.  And that feels rather like Tribal Wars, which scares me.  Please say it isn't so ;-)

Dave tests the game in Firefox and Chrome only. Since it uses SVG, HTML and Javascript it SHOULD be mostly compatible with browsers that implement the standards correctly. If it is only displaying a blank page, I would suspect it is something to do with Opera's SVG implementation.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.