Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 538339 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #360: August 10, 2011, 02:36:13 PM »
Who are some good targets in this area who aren't already getting destroyed and aren't affiliated with us in any way?

I think Adanedhel (north-east of you) is still inactive, but I can't see him in my neighbours tab. I'm sure De-Legro & Tom won't mind sharing a few planets with you :P

carlwolcott (east) is active, but Kai is at war with him. I'm sure Kai wouldn't mind a bit of help though since he is tied up a little with a few other people. You can also take the long journey south to take one of those scattered empires that are below Vellos.

You can also help out with PeterKaan (north of me) if you want. De-Legro is already sending over a few Subspacers but I think they'll get killed. I'm not sure if you'll be able to get fleets over in time though as mine should be up there again soon, but you're welcome to try. If they don't get there in time, you can always camp there and then move on to carlwolcott :)

You're probably better off spending most of your resources on arcs though. You're in a pretty good position with a lot of planets that can be encompassed by Planetary Defence so I'd say get all the planets that are a little far out (anything under 4 distance from your home planet can be encompassed by it). That way when you're able to get PD you'll have fairly well developed planets with a large sensor range to detect anyone entering your space :) When sending out arcs, I'd suggest 2/3 per fleet if possible. That will give you more people on the planet and therefore more resources in the future from that planet.

Update on PeterKaan, he killed the rest of my Subspacers with no damage to his Cruisers. So he has 7 Cruisers sat there and will likely build more to fight back at me :(

Also, my Planetary Defence has gone offline. Not sure why because I'm not running a budget deficit. Does the defence ring around my planet show up to you guys? I'm thinking it might just activate when enemy fleets are nearby.

EDIT: I'm going to be away after tomorrow's turn, so don't worry when you don't see fleets coming from my planet :P I'm going to miss the Friday-Saturday & Saturday-Sunday turns. Might miss the Sunday-Monday turn (depends if I get an early train home or not), but won't miss Monday-Tuesday turn, so I shouldn't miss any society level gains (I think that kicks in after 3 turns away).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:46:41 PM by Nathan »