Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 537711 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #555: August 27, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »
My merchantmen probably aren't doing anything actually profitable. I don't much care. I just like having lots of trade ships scurrying around. Makes me feel all mercantile and !@#$.

Lol'd. Mine bring back steel from my other colonies, slowly recovering the steel used to set them up. It's fairly useful when they return, hence why I scrapped them into fewer bigger fleets, so that when they do return I can put that into a few ships instead of "oh, 250 steel, cool... I can do nothing with it". They also buy up all the useless stuff on my home planet, making me more money for use on Subspacers. I've no doubt that eventually they'll be useless as the colonies will either run out of money (to buy the home planet's goods) or steel (to make themselves money from sales), but until then I'll keep mine too :P

I've calculated it'll take me 22 days to build up enough resources to build a fleet large enough to have a sure-fire chance of crushing Oldry's fleet. So, instead, I'm going to bring my whole current attack fleet home, scrap it all, and, with all its resources and everything I'll have in my home planet (should have about 130k steel on hand by the time my fleets get back) build a new fleet, which SHOULD be big enough to do the trick.

Sounds like a good plan and it might work, as long as Oldry doesn't just build a bigger fleet as soon as he sees you :P