Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 538175 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #90: July 25, 2011, 03:53:16 AM »
Kai, do you want to work towards taking out carlwolcott? He's getting bigger each turn and I think we should work towards getting a fleet to take him down, making us the largest people in the immediate area. If you want to help, Vellos, that'd be nice but you're a little far away. Even though he's close enough to help, Tom's probably got a few other people to worry about since he's nestled in between a few large empires.
Wait until your arc to the centre gets past him before declaring war. This will also be enough time to get slingshot upgrade so expand and attack the smaller neighbour until then. I have a frigate fleet going to uu60.

Also, I don't mean to spam, but I just took a spin through the other quadrants....

They're totally empty. Virtually all of the current players are in the southeast quadrant. I am increasingly fond of the idea of sending a colony ship on a marathon... but the center of the galaxy is too obvious. Lots of people look there. Somewhere in the southwest quadrant seems like a better plan to me, if we want to develop a citadel somewhere.
The galactic centre has much higher planet density. Going to one of the corners defeats hte purpose and you might as well stay at home.