Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 538393 times)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #930: October 04, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »
Nah, if you send 1 arc it takes about 3 and a bit months before the planet becomes profitable. 3 arcs and you're profitable in about 2 and a half. The sooner you get your second profitable planet, the better. Doesn't matter if that's another player's planet or your own colony (with another player being much quicker), you start to advance at a much quicker rate. Having that extra profitable planet just gives you more flexibility in what you want.

Take Kai for example, he can plough resources into his military fleet and still build arcs if he wanted to. But I have to choose between the two because I've only got 2 profitable planets as opposed to his 5 (I think, the website is down for me so I can't check). But 5 of my colonies are going to start being helpful fairly soon, with another few shortly after. However I think Kai's colonies are lacking a bit (as I recall, he built a lot of ships on them early on), so he'll take longer for his colonies to be helpful.

So considering your lack of potential targets nearby, having a decent colony further down the line (and one so ridiculously close to your home planet) is a really big help, even if you decide to go down the militaristic route.

Hmm can I make more arcs and send them to an already colonised planet?
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries