Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 538913 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #960: October 06, 2011, 03:34:39 PM »
Ugh, Mind Control went inactive again today, meaning it now takes more food/Quatloos to feed the people there ¬¬

I don't see how this is possible if I'm not running a deficit and I don't have 0 food. The previous turn I'd had a lot of food sold to my home planet and it wasn't all depleted this turn, so no Quatloos were used to stop starvation. So what the heck is going on? This is just getting frustrating now ¬¬ I've scrapped Matter Synth 1 in order to get more Quatloos in.

I'm wondering if I might be better off scrapping all my Bulkfreighters, buying Merchantmen instead. That way I get a larger per-turn income to buy food with instead of relying on the food coming from another planet. The only problem is that I don't know how much it costs to convert Quatloos to food each turn. I could also just stick those on a route between my food planet and my home planet and hope they come back with food (unlike Bulkfreighters, which I know will come back with food).

It takes 10 turns for a BF to get to my food planet and back. Last turn my 50 BFs brought back 50,000 food which was bought for 350,000q. So 1 BF brought back 1000 food for 7000q. 10 turns made me 300q from 1 BF. I can get 3 Merchantmen per 1 Bulkfreighter (steel cost, everything else is more expensive, but far less important), so I can bring back 1.5x more food and get 2x more Quatloos. Unfortunately I'm failing in working out the rest of the maths to figure out what's more profitable. I'm leaning towards Merchantmen, but without knowing what food is bought for each turn, I can't say if I'm right (part of me even thinks scrapping all my trading fleet would be more profitable because buying the food when they get home is just too much of a hit).

Also, one of my fleets put onto a route didn't move. It was sat on my home planet last turn, I put it on a route that goes between my home planet and my food producing planet. This turn, it didn't move.