Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529034 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #30: July 22, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »
Heh, Tom is just east to Klingzog...

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 22, 2011, 05:31:24 PM »
I've just been looking around for about 30mins trying to find him... Now I want to cry...

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 22, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »
Yes this is a very, very, slow paced game.

But, I like what is capable of being done in this game more so than other space games that I've played. I like the actual visual interface, because it allows you to set up blockades and stuff and actually interact with maneuvers while still be a very lightweight game.

Don't expect to get a lot done in the first weak, however I can't wait to build a little empire of planets and then make a giant merchant fleet to send to every single player trading like a madman!

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 23, 2011, 12:22:26 AM »
I'm still confused by the trading system though.  Because you have the option of allowing trading or not on your planets so does that mean that if someone sends a trading ship to my planets it gets turned away or does it just trade non-player used resources to generate some sort of income?  Not to mention the option starts at off and you can only trade with other players so where is this trading?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 23, 2011, 02:07:18 AM »
I'm still confused by the trading system though.  Because you have the option of allowing trading or not on your planets so does that mean that if someone sends a trading ship to my planets it gets turned away or does it just trade non-player used resources to generate some sort of income?  Not to mention the option starts at off and you can only trade with other players so where is this trading?

From what I can gather, if your ship gets there and the player isn't trading, your ships are sent away. They won't be sent away from your own planets though (there's no mention of needing to agree to trade with yourself).

I think it's set to 'off' automatically is because it takes away your resources which you might be saving in return for currency and other resources (that you may/may not need). So it's a risk you take: you might get resources you need, but you might lose some you need too.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: July 23, 2011, 02:36:40 AM »
I am Vellos. Just started. No idea where I am or how to find people.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 23, 2011, 02:50:51 AM »
Klingzog, and Kai are just north towards you. It looks like all the new players are spawning around that area.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: July 23, 2011, 04:24:02 AM »
Playing as Amaury, I'm located at a relatively short distance to the south-southwest of a big cluster of planets owned by a guy named TravelerTC.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 23, 2011, 05:37:59 AM »
update the list silverfire, and maybe add proximity groupings

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #39: July 23, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
yes, please. A list of BM players would be cool so we can make a big alliance. Well, at first at least. :-)

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: July 23, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »
List is updated below.  Give me some time and I'll try to add some more info to it about locations.  Using the red lines and their curvature can you guys give me a rough idea where you are based from the center?

BM Forum Name - Dave's Galaxy Name
------------------------------------------------
Squishymaster - Squishymaster
De-Legro - Masdus
Adriddae - Vistuvis
Silverfire - KingDante
Nathan - Klingzog
Sacha - Amaury
Vellos - Vellos
Tom - Balanuir
Kai - Kai
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:50:06 PM by squishymaster »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 23, 2011, 01:54:18 PM »
Playing as Amaury, I'm located at a relatively short distance to the south-southwest of a big cluster of planets owned by a guy named TravelerTC.

south-south-east ;)

I'm quite far to the north-east of you. If you go passed a few brown clusters of planets, then there's a gap, then another brown cluster, then a gap, then a small green cluster, then a bigger gap, then you'll find a few single planet empires close together. I'm the pink one (Klingzog). Kai is the grey-green one to the south-west of me. Tom is east of me (brown-orange).

I've also found Silverfire in my search for Sacha. He's quite far to the south-east of me.

Using the red lines and their curvature can you guys give me a rough idea where you are based from the center?

Follow the south-east segment, that splits immediately so take the left/lower segment. When that splits again, take the right segment. When that splits, take the right segment. I'm the pink one in the segment just before it splits again.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:01:24 PM by Nathan »

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 23, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »
I'm almost right on the median, south of the center, one vertical red line to the right. Just go down until you reach the edge of colonized space. There is a planet called Emissary 2 owned by Dave nearby. It's a planet with a wide red circle around it. Find it, and you find me.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: July 23, 2011, 02:10:59 PM »
fodder

Mu Booceros 4

no clue where the hell that is... (south of someone called dave.... sort of magenta in color with a capital called trantor)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:17:51 PM by fodder »
firefox

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 23, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
no clue where the hell that is...

If you can tell us who's around you and what colour they are, I'll go looking for you :)