Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529352 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #105: July 25, 2011, 06:41:12 AM »
Yeah, ya'll go for carlwalcott. I'll try and take out these smaller ones; kipjaw, kd, kip. I think kip will be my first target once I've got a few colonies. I've already deployed subspacers to sit in some systems around him and watch. Also deployed scouts to watch kd's southern and eastern flanks.

NOOOOOOO, I've had fleets heading towards those players for DAYS.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: July 25, 2011, 06:46:46 AM »
That looks much like a game I wanted to create, except that mine was in 3D.

I've made an account as Balanuir. Now where do I go to find you guys? I'll find out.

Interesting. I'm working on a design for a game that is something like a cross between Daves Galaxy and Battle Master. I found Daves Galaxy when I was researching what sort of space empire web games were out their that weren't similar to OGAME. I find it pretty impressive that the game interface uses HTML but allows for such simple map movement and management.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: July 25, 2011, 08:57:35 AM »
i was thinking of skirting around all the people and then send one off to sw/ne (and further se into the cluster)
------
i just noticed the demo thing.... shows exactly what my big neighbour does....  heh.. like him sending merchants to kingdante

and all the messages people (like me) sent him... doh!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:07:56 AM by fodder »
firefox

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: July 25, 2011, 09:59:34 AM »
i was thinking of skirting around all the people and then send one off to sw/ne (and further se into the cluster)
------
i just noticed the demo thing.... shows exactly what my big neighbour does....  heh.. like him sending merchants to kingdante

and all the messages people (like me) sent him... doh!

You realize that our "big neighbor" is the creator of the game right? "Dave" of Dave's Galaxy. ;) But ya, demo shows everything he has, so I decided not to ally with him, as it'd show what I had. lol. The merchants are cool though. I saw those as well.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: July 25, 2011, 11:40:54 AM »
yeah.. i know.. i read your message to him.. XD
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #110: July 25, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »
I find it pretty impressive that the game interface uses HTML but allows for such simple map movement and management.

It's actually XHTML+SVG - I had the same concept for my map, except that I didn't have the idea of using a full-screen map. That is a really good one.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: July 25, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
Wait until your arc to the centre gets past him before declaring war. This will also be enough time to get slingshot upgrade so expand and attack the smaller neighbour until then.

You, sir, are a genius. I completely forgot he could easily attack it if I declared war. I'll wait until it's far enough away that he won't accidentally catch it. Hopefully by then I'll have PeterKaan's home planet by then.

Interesting. I'm working on a design for a game that is something like a cross between Daves Galaxy and Battle Master.

How are you planning on creating the game? You can make some pretty nice things with Unity and it's not that difficult to learn how to use.

I think Dave's Galaxy mixed with War Islands would be a pretty good game. Small, procedurally generated maps, a few changes to make the game faster (faster fleet travel, more frequent turns). Shame I don't have the web know-how to do that >.<

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: July 25, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »
Been playing for a couple days now as Agiri. I'm blue, somewhere far to the southeast.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: July 25, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »
Been playing for a couple days now as Agiri. I'm blue, somewhere far to the southeast.

I had a look around and can't see you, who are the biggest empires around you? Can you work out where you are based on the map we have?

I've built 21 Subspacers and am sending them to PeterKaan. I'm hoping that they can slip through his sensors without being seen. I could only build a couple of larger ships, so thought it best to try and sneak in with a large amount of ships as that's probably harder to counter.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: July 25, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »
... how do you plan long journeys? the route thing only last so long because you can't see where you are in the map without making a way point... and once you made the route, you can't edit it...
firefox

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: July 25, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
sirgumby is the biggest and purple. uranus is probably next, colored green. I'm right in between the two, and then there's pretty much nothing but 2-3 system players all the way to the core.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: July 25, 2011, 06:58:09 PM »
sirgumby is the biggest and purple. uranus is probably next, colored green. I'm right in between the two, and then there's pretty much nothing but 2-3 system players all the way to the core.

Found you. I was looking around for single planet empires for ages, you're a lot further than I thought you would be for a "couple" of days - your home planet says 11 days :P (I'm presuming home planets grow by 1 level a day).

Your nearest neighbour is Fodder. If you go out two rings and then counter clockwise four segments, he's the yellow one. Near him is Silverfire (KingDante, orange) and Squishymaster (grey-blue).

If you go inwards 2 rings and clockwise 7 segments you'll find Adriddae (vistuvis, orange).

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: July 25, 2011, 07:03:39 PM »
Found you. I was looking around for single planet empires for ages, you're a lot further than I thought you would be for a "couple" of days - your home planet says 11 days :P (I'm presuming home planets grow by 1 level a day).

Yeah, I started, sent out a bunch of arcs, and then forgot about the game for a week and a half. :P

Your nearest neighbour is Fodder. If you go out two rings and then counter clockwise four segments, he's the yellow one. Near him is Silverfire (KingDante, orange) and Squishymaster (grey-blue).

If you go inwards 2 rings and clockwise 7 segments you'll find Adriddae (vistuvis, orange).

Cool.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: July 26, 2011, 02:40:26 AM »

NOOOOOOO, I've had fleets heading towards those players for DAYS.

That is very dumb. Why would you attack something that far away?

Go for KipJaw. He's last on my list, and nearest to you.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: July 26, 2011, 02:44:19 AM »
I've located a huge cluster of tightly packed planets, hundreds of them, some way off to my south-east. I've sent a first Arc down there to colonize a central planet and establish a foothold. From the look of it, there's nobody around there so far so all of it is virgin territory... I can smell the quatloos already!