Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529285 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #135: July 27, 2011, 02:51:38 AM »
Yup.

But, I take such a probe very seriously. So I declared war, and will destroy his fleets. He may retaliate in great force. If so, I am ruined. Alternatively, he may decide I'm not worth the effort, and leave me alone. Either way, I've re-routed scouts to the planets between me and him, and will send some subspacers and blackbirds as well later, just to make sure I have plenty of advance warning.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: July 27, 2011, 03:00:29 AM »
Yup.

But, I take such a probe very seriously. So I declared war, and will destroy his fleets. He may retaliate in great force. If so, I am ruined. Alternatively, he may decide I'm not worth the effort, and leave me alone. Either way, I've re-routed scouts to the planets between me and him, and will send some subspacers and blackbirds as well later, just to make sure I have plenty of advance warning.

If it was me, I would just send my main fleet at you and take the capital, but then I'm a jerk and don't mind wasting 10 battleships and 30 cruisers at this stage of the game, since I have no real targets anyway.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: July 27, 2011, 03:15:32 AM »
Which is exactly why, ASAP, I will be deploying a long-distance arc or two.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: July 27, 2011, 03:17:33 AM »
Which is exactly why, ASAP, I will be deploying a long-distance arc or two.

I did that, problem is it takes so long for colonies to really get up and going. Even my largest colony is only society level 17.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: July 27, 2011, 05:19:57 AM »
Society level has nothing to do with population or production.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: July 27, 2011, 05:31:52 AM »
Society level has nothing to do with population or production.

from the help pages

Society Level
Production of resources on a planet are controlled by it's Society Level and population. Surplus resources are produced if the people on a planet are able to produce more than they use during a turn.

Unless your planet has suffered population loss from an attack, society level and population will be reasonably linked. For example from my colonies
Society Level 16 Population 2468
Society Level 17 Population 2763
Society Level 18 Population 3065

Production is a function of the two, a planet with a higher society level will produce more then one with a lower level given the same population.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: July 27, 2011, 06:25:57 AM »
Society level has nothign to do with population.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: July 27, 2011, 06:49:22 AM »
Hey guys. So I started playing Daves Galaxy at right around the same time I started [my newest] BM (found it through this forum, actually. And oh hey, we have a forum now!)

My name there is kazhaar and I really have no idea where in the galaxy I am. There's a big empire, ThatNiggaOmar, 2 grid squares to my east... and (going by the scoreboard) some heavy hitter named uranus also nearby. I sense my empire will not last long without friends.  :)
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: July 27, 2011, 06:50:09 AM »
well.. the pop depends on how many arcs you sent to a planet... my 1st colony from 2 arcs has 1k whereas i see someone else have 500ish... soc level seems to be +1 a day...

oh ... i just found out that 1st colony is iron poor XD i don't normally read the stupid reports as i don't check mail.....
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: July 27, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
Society level has nothign to do with population.

Not quite. People is a resource, which like all resources has its production affected by society level. If you look at the resource graph in the game help you can see the surplus on Hand for people levels out somewhere around society level 90.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: July 27, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
Whats the battle report like.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: July 27, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »
Hey guys. So I started playing Daves Galaxy at right around the same time I started [my newest] BM (found it through this forum, actually. And oh hey, we have a forum now!)

My name there is kazhaar and I really have no idea where in the galaxy I am. There's a big empire, ThatNiggaOmar, 2 grid squares to my east... and (going by the scoreboard) some heavy hitter named uranus also nearby. I sense my empire will not last long without friends.  :)

You're very close to me. Unfortunately, that also means that you're close to uranus and sirgumby.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #147: July 27, 2011, 07:14:13 PM »
well, I got my first colony up and running. Ok, 500 people... better than nothing. Nothing can stop my empire now... bwuahahaha... :)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: July 27, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »
You're very close to me. Unfortunately, that also means that you're close to uranus and sirgumby.

Aha! I see you!

This map is hard to navigate. And I can't message you since you're not my "neighbor." A direct route between our capitals cuts right through uranus territory. I take it he's generally hostile?
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

egamma

« Reply #149: July 27, 2011, 07:45:47 PM »
I've started as well--"egamma" is my name. I'm close to jackdaniels (he's the nearest big guy), vich, dapil, and princesswalnut.