Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529656 times)

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #195: July 30, 2011, 12:26:45 AM »
pretty sure he didn't accept right away (must have been 3 or whatever days ago.. mind you, no time stamps on the messages). though it's not impossible to have been accepted before today.

i did it via the neighbour interface... haven't sent any fleet to anyone

---
i opened a tab then logged in and and opened demo on another page.... for a minute i thought demo was showing all mine and kingdante's stuff XD

Haha, Yes I just accepted last night before the turn change. You are still able to accept up until you delete the message that was sent to you about it. If it turns out you don't want to be allies you can always just cut it down to peace again the next turn.

I thought it'd be good for us to ally up just because I can already tell the big ppl next to us are going to be a threat. We won't have the ability to fight them off just yet and I want to be sure we don't get smashed.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: July 30, 2011, 01:26:52 AM »
Kai, you've seen that Cruiser going for your home planet, right? Only one so you should be fine.

In case any other people have found the movement bug, I think I'll be building a fleet next turn to sit on my home planet and defend it. Might even wait a turn, build up a lot of resources and make a much bigger fleet. Especially since PeterKaan managed to slip that cruiser passed me pretty easily, I certainly need a fleet there to combat anyone trying their luck.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: July 30, 2011, 02:18:06 AM »
I have 3 colonies now with 7 more on the way, not counting the one going for the center :)   Sent out an ally to fodder and dante. Got a couple of fleets around my area and a fleet at home base and my biggest colony.  Well thats my update.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: July 30, 2011, 05:55:21 AM »
Kai:

Don't bother with KipJaw. darklatiz is already there with 2 destroyers, with another 6 or 8 destroyers on the way, 3-4 cruisers, and a few blackbirds. I'm ramping up my domestic defensive production because I'm realizing that he has a lot of firepower available and a much better understanding of the mechanics than me.

On the plus side, he seems to be deploying his entire mobile fleet in our area to KipJaw. He has no other random fleets floating around somewhere.

Also interesting: Adanedhel and darklatiz are at war. Adanadhel has deployed a fleet of:
5 blackbirds
5 subspacers
3 frigates
5 destroyers
95 cruisers

To attack darklatiz' homeworld. He looks to have several battleships nearby; I can't view planetary defense fleets apparently.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: July 30, 2011, 06:17:01 AM »
Hah, so you allied him, and you're still scared of him. Welcome to being a protectorate state.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:26:18 AM by Kai »

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: July 30, 2011, 06:28:08 AM »
Yes, I allied with him, and yes, I'm scared of him. Of course I'm a protectorate state. I have 3 planets. He has quite a few more. There's nothing wrong with that. In the meantime, I reap more benefits from our alliance than he does.

And, so you know, I haven't messaged him since the request for an alliance. You can keep sending your ships to KipJaw if you want. I doubt it'll do you much good.

Seriously Kai, why are you such an ass?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: July 30, 2011, 06:28:56 AM »
Oh, and now you edited your message to delete your paranoid comment suggesting that I was plotting with darklatiz against you. You're clever.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: July 30, 2011, 07:36:43 AM »
Haha, Yes I just accepted last night before the turn change. You are still able to accept up until you delete the message that was sent to you about it. If it turns out you don't want to be allies you can always just cut it down to peace again the next turn.

I thought it'd be good for us to ally up just because I can already tell the big ppl next to us are going to be a threat. We won't have the ability to fight them off just yet and I want to be sure we don't get smashed.

nah.. no problem. i wanted to set alliance in the 1st place :)

i can see an exploit there.... unless someone tells me the messages are deleted automatically after a period of time. worse if it is possible to cancel out alliance in the same turn (no idea if that's possible)

imagine, someone send you an alliance thingy.. you ignore it until your ships are close to them, then accept to do some last minute scouting double check, then delete it..

odd.. the messages don't seem to be in any sort of order either...

i have messages from
dave (a reply to me)
the alliance thing from squishy <--- newest
kingdante (a reply to me) <--- oldest
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 07:39:17 AM by fodder »
firefox

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: July 30, 2011, 08:25:09 AM »
Oh, and now you edited your message to delete your paranoid comment suggesting that I was plotting with darklatiz against you. You're clever.
It's not my problem if you like to reply 10 minutes after a post and spend 5 of that composing.

darklatiz benefits of alliance:
free foothold near our planets

vellos benefits:
won't die until darklatiz finishes his foothold
might be allowed to continue existance as a pet dog
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:27:51 AM by Kai »

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: July 30, 2011, 09:26:45 AM »
Hey guys, can we please keep the  criticism in check here.

This is a game and if you don't want to work together you don't have to, but we can at least be polite to each other.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: July 30, 2011, 02:49:54 PM »
Sneaky git! PeterKaan has a a Cruiser practically on top of my home planet.

If I build a fleet at my home planet and set its destination as my home planet, what will happen next turn? Will the two fleets fight in orbit and my population will be safe? Or should I send my fleet a little way out so they fight off the planet?

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: July 30, 2011, 03:01:45 PM »
I agree you guys are taking away from the fun factor.  You both are going for strategies the other doesn't agree with we get it.  Both sides of the conversation have their pros and cons.  Now leave it behind.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #207: July 30, 2011, 03:36:42 PM »
it appears that scouts do have a purpose, after all:

Fleet: Fleet #6266, 2 scouts (6266) Arrived at Theta Andropeia (3307571)
 Iron Deposits: Above Average

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: July 30, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
Sneaky git! PeterKaan has a a Cruiser practically on top of my home planet.

If I build a fleet at my home planet and set its destination as my home planet, what will happen next turn? Will the two fleets fight in orbit and my population will be safe? Or should I send my fleet a little way out so they fight off the planet?
Should be ok to park it. Your planet won't fall isntantly anyway. Also there andhenahlhand guy sent a few frigates to wolcot.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: July 30, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »
Thank you Tom, I am so putting all of my next turns income into scouts :)

So do we have any idea what a good invading force to take over a planet is yet?  How about for a new players capital?  There is a guy next to me who started a couple days ago but hasn't built any ships that I can see so I thought about going for his capital.  Also we do we know if you attack and win do you take the planet or do you also need an arc?  I am sending 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, and 2 blackbirds.