Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529361 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #210: July 30, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
1 blackbird is all that is ever required.
1 bc 1 cruiser is fine.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: July 30, 2011, 04:34:18 PM »
It looks like the fleets I've seen from Adanedhel and darklatiz that are directed towards new players are mostly a few destroyers or a few cruisers.

Speaking of, I think I'm going to try to ally with Adanedhel. There's no way for Adanedhel to see that I'm allied with darklatiz is there?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: July 30, 2011, 04:39:43 PM »
Does anyone know if/how you can speed up population growth on a planet?

I currently have 2 new colonies, plus 7 more arcs on the way, and I'd like to bring my new holdings up as quickly as possible.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: July 30, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
Send more arcs to already colonized planets.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: July 30, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
Sounds a bit costly... I only get about 15k steel per turn

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: July 30, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »
The arc gets used up when you colonize because they need to build the colony, but does it get used up when you just use it to transport people?  I'm guessing yes, it just sucks thats all.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: July 30, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
it appears that scouts do have a purpose, after all:

Fleet: Fleet #6266, 2 scouts (6266) Arrived at Theta Andropeia (3307571)
 Iron Deposits: Above Average

I got a message like that a few days ago when I colonised a planet, so you don't need scouts to find the deposits. Handy if you're trying to decide which planet to take next.

There's no way for Adanedhel to see that I'm allied with darklatiz is there?

Nope, unless you make some obvious fleet movements like a big gap in your scout line.

Does anyone know if/how you can speed up population growth on a planet?

You can send more Arcs when you colonise a planet, that gives you an initial population boost (and therefore production?), not sure if you can top it up after colonisation though.

Kai, it might be a good idea to send that arc/destroyer fleet to attack carlwolcott. It can probably reach next turn/ turn after with its current speed and will mean you get the planet instead of Adanedhel. Once you get the planet, just build loads of ships and you'll be fine. Means we keep most of the planets around us to our own little alliance.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: July 30, 2011, 08:30:24 PM »
production? my 1st one from 2 col ships has like 1.7k people, lvl 6 and all it produces is food and oil, any idea when it'll start making surplus other stuff?
firefox

lorduck

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: July 30, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
Is anyone able to build carriers or fighters?  Not that think I need any at the moment, but it's not giving me the option at all.

My slingshot was completed in 6 turns, not 5 like I originally thought.  Tomorrow I should be able to figure out what kind of boost it actually gives.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: July 30, 2011, 10:53:11 PM »
i don't see planetary defense either... i'm guessing it needs certain soc level.
firefox

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: July 30, 2011, 11:29:48 PM »
i'm guessing it needs certain soc level.

Yeah, I think it requires a certain society level. Maybe when your planet is called a State instead of a Province?

My slingshot was completed in 6 turns, not 5 like I originally thought. 

My Long Range Sensors 2 will take 6 turns instead of 5, they gained 18% one turn instead of the 20% it's gained the other turns :(

Tomorrow I should be able to figure out what kind of boost it actually gives.

0.5 to initial acceleration :)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: July 30, 2011, 11:44:13 PM »
i started sensor 1, trade incentive, reg gov all at the same turn.

1 turn later, 20% all
2 turns later, reg gov at 37%, the others 40%

beats me why... or for that matter.. what that lot does...

---------
incidentally, almost all the steel from arcs are dropped onto the colonised planet...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:49:23 PM by fodder »
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: July 30, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »
I started upgrades my first turn; have long range sensors 1, regional gov, slingshot, and trade incentives all done for a few turns now. Working on long range sensors 2.

Nope, unless you make some obvious fleet movements like a big gap in your scout line.

Well then, sounds like I'll be allying Adanedhel...

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: July 31, 2011, 07:48:06 AM »
looking at the demo... looks like 10k / lvl 26 to be territory.. (so that's like 20 arc at the get go)

even then... doesn't look like he can build much. (can't see resource production in demo)
firefox

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: July 31, 2011, 03:13:37 PM »
So I got planetary defenses available on my home planet and my society level is 61, so perhaps it shows at 60?  I also have 7 planets total if that factors in as well.  I have not seen an option to combine fleets into one do we know if this is possible?  Or do we have dissolve two fleets get the full resources back and then build a new fleet at a planet where they are then together?