Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529367 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #240: August 02, 2011, 02:43:09 AM »
I have three colonies, all new. Bolstering them by sending new arcs seems to be a good idea; currently the un-bolstered colonies have populations of 559 and 626, while the bolstered (with two additional arcs) has 1701. Since population no doubt increases based on present population, as with real life, I think bolstering colonies regularly is the only way to ensure they'll become substantial quickly.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #241: August 02, 2011, 01:50:34 PM »
Bolstering them by sending new arcs seems to be a good idea;

You need to remember to grab new colonies too. There's going to be a point of diminishing returns when sending arcs to existing colonies, so you need to strike that balance of bolster versus new.

I should have PeterKaan's planets by the end of the week, so me and Kai will control our local area pretty solidly when carlwolcott finally falls (which should also be soon). Then we can work on bridging the gap with Vellos, then on to Tom and De-Legro so that we have a pretty large section of the galaxy under BattleMaster control :D

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #242: August 02, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »
You need to remember to grab new colonies too. There's going to be a point of diminishing returns when sending arcs to existing colonies, so you need to strike that balance of bolster versus new.

I should have PeterKaan's planets by the end of the week, so me and Kai will control our local area pretty solidly when carlwolcott finally falls (which should also be soon). Then we can work on bridging the gap with Vellos, then on to Tom and De-Legro so that we have a pretty large section of the galaxy under BattleMaster control :D

I've already got fleets running around all over the place down in your area. Now I just need to do something useful with them.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #243: August 02, 2011, 02:49:01 PM »
I just noticed that if you click on the "neighbours" tab and then the "i" next to a person's name, it tells you when they were last online. Turns out Adanedhel hasn't been online in a while, so Tom and De-Legro can easily pick at his planets :)

How are you guys in the south getting on?

Pity his best planets all have planetary defense. oh and he is an ally of mine. Still if I built a big enough fleet :)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #244: August 02, 2011, 03:13:53 PM »
oh dear... there's a new player to the E/SE of where I am now

cadfan 1931.8, 1839.9
firefox

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #245: August 02, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »
Sup Vellos why don't you ask your best bro to clean out that planet Olgry caught?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #246: August 02, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
oh dear... there's a new player to the E/SE of where I am now

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #247: August 02, 2011, 06:39:47 PM »
i can grief a new player with the owner next door to me?
firefox

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #248: August 02, 2011, 07:34:26 PM »
Ya, I don't plan on griefing any new players unless they go inactive. Its just not fun.

I have no such qualms against killing off bigger people though if you can pull it off. I haven't figured out how big of an advantage they have yet though.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #249: August 02, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
Ya, I don't plan on griefing any new players unless they go inactive. Its just not fun.

Meh. I sent fleets to the guy next to me as soon as he appeared. He sent a faster fleet at me. So I guess you could just hang a fleet outside his planet and watch for him sending something at you, when he does: KILL HIM!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #250: August 03, 2011, 12:48:09 AM »

That new player next to you is another BM player :)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #251: August 03, 2011, 01:07:06 AM »
That new player next to you is another BM player :)

Hehe, at least someone knows our community :P

Hi Cadfan, you silly lurker-of-this-thread, you! Welcome to Dave's Galaxy!

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #252: August 03, 2011, 05:55:17 AM »
These kinds of games are all about griefing new players. It's a pyramid scheme. If you don't do it someone else will.

For gods sake Vellos prove your worth and evict Oldry.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:01:21 AM by Kai »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #253: August 03, 2011, 06:35:10 AM »
These kinds of games are all about griefing new players. It's a pyramid scheme. If you don't do it someone else will.

For gods sake Vellos prove your worth and evict Oldry.

Where is Oldry? I am at war with him, but my neighbours interface doesn't allow me to zoom to his planet :(

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #254: August 03, 2011, 06:37:16 AM »

This is true. For the nonce I'm just colonizing every planet within range.* The planets that are closest to my home world get the benefit of new arcs: ideally the range is such that I can build and send an arc or two to the new colony and have it arrive within a turn or two. Beyond that time-range I'd assume it's more effective to maximize colony worlds rather than colony populations.

*I want to have a nice tightly packed cluster of worlds under my control rather than a far-flung empire.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova