Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529070 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #270: August 04, 2011, 04:27:51 AM »
Kai, there's very little I can do.

For what it's worth, however, Oldry's 28 destroyers, as we can all see, are headed west to kd916. I may be able to muster a fleet that can beat him there; I'll see what I can do.

darklatiz has 17 destroyers, 2 blackbirds, and 2 cruisers on their way to Pi Circax. They should be able to conquer the planet, but won't be able to catch up to Oldry's fleet of 28 destroyers.

Interesting quirk with the combat code. Previously large fleets would nearly always win, so 2000 scouts would actually beat 100 battleships. To fix that Dave implemented the "small" fleet code that restricts how many ships fight from large fleets when engaging small fleets. The result is that small fleets of powerful ships like battleships can beat much larger fleets of lesser ships, which SHOULD be more powerful if you look at the total attack/defence. You would need to experiment to work out just what ratio's this works for though.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #271: August 04, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »
Kai, there's very little I can do.

For what it's worth, however, Oldry's 28 destroyers, as we can all see, are headed west to kd916. I may be able to muster a fleet that can beat him there; I'll see what I can do.

darklatiz has 17 destroyers, 2 blackbirds, and 2 cruisers on their way to Pi Circax. They should be able to conquer the planet, but won't be able to catch up to Oldry's fleet of 28 destroyers.
You should probably ally Oldry then.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #272: August 04, 2011, 02:43:47 PM »
PeterKaan took uu60s planet on my left, I don't know how since there was a 20 cruiser defending fleet. Maybe you don't actually need to declare war to bomb planets? The more you know.

Nathan has scored a quadruple kill on PeterKaans arcs, which is a stupid 36000 steel.

Vellos is trying to poach kd916 off me. lol.

egamma

« Reply #273: August 04, 2011, 02:56:07 PM »
I found someone! Vellos, I'm sending a merchant your way.

Oh, and PrincessWalnut is no longer inactive, she allied me.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #274: August 04, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »
PeterKaan took uu60s planet on my left, I don't know how since there was a 20 cruiser defending fleet. Maybe you don't actually need to declare war to bomb planets? The more you know.

Maybe the cruisers went away? Or were taken out by someone else? Can't have been over powered since PK didn't have enough resources to build that big a fleet.

Nathan has scored a quadruple kill on PeterKaans arcs, which is a stupid 36000 steel.

Indeed, but I also lost a damn lot of subspacers. Seems he decided not to be inactive any more just before the turn change >.<

He lost 4/4 arcs and 8/19 cruisers, I lost 20/42 subspacers (24 on the way in that didn't take battle this turn). I think I've probably lost this fight since he can just pump out more ships to outnumber me, hopefully I'll wear him down enough for De-Legro to swoop in with his few subspacers and take the planet.

I think I'll build up a bit of a reserve of resources and then send a nice big fleet against PeterKaan. Means I'll have to stop expanding for now, but worth it if I can win the war of attrition! :D

Are you going to try and take out his new planet, Kai? Or are you going to concentrate on carlwolcott?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:12:00 PM by Nathan »

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #275: August 04, 2011, 04:36:41 PM »
Does anyone know who maverick is?

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #276: August 04, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
If Carlwolcott goes to Adnadhehdl we should just give up. If I don't get at least one of these three colonies I'm going to quit.

4 arcs and 8 cruisers for 20 subspacers is a ridiculously good trade. It is 60k steel for 13k steel. Just keep sending blocks of subspacers. Quatloos should be no problem, just make sure not to get planet defence.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #277: August 04, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »
I'm sending a small fleet of 30 cruisers northward to capture a planet. I'm getting quite worried with drugsmrgarrison expanding so much that I'll have to flee. Hopefully my fleet doesn't get noticed too much and get destroyed. I'll probably attack the player Oldry to take his planet.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #278: August 04, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »
Does anyone know who maverick is?

Yeah, he's a friend of mine who plays the game. I told him to say "hi" in case you were sending fleets at him. He won't be around long, he's seen 100 cruisers from one of the large guys nearby heading to his home planet :P

If Carlwolcott goes to Adnadhehdl we should just give up. If I don't get at least one of these three colonies I'm going to quit.

Lol, you should be able to get carlwolcott. He's inactive, so just keep sending fleets and eventually he'll fall. Just remember to keep an eye on PeterKaan's planet near you. He's already sent one fleet, so it wouldn't surprise me if he sends a few more from his new planet, leaving his original planet to fight off me. Besides, Adanedhel hasn't logged in since 22nd of July, the fleets at carlwolcott are what he sent out before he stopped playing so you shouldn't see any more from him :)

4 arcs and 8 cruisers for 20 subspacers is a ridiculously good trade. It is 60k steel for 13k steel. Just keep sending blocks of subspacers. Quatloos should be no problem, just make sure not to get planet defence.

Even without planetary defence I don't have enough quatloos to keep up with the amount needed to build all those subspacers. I'd need to increase my planetary income by quite a lot and remove a few other upgrades to keep up. With planetary defence (which I think I'll keep in case he strikes back and I can't defend) I only get about 55k Quatloos a turn, so I was thinking 1 Battleship and a few supporting ships (depending on available steel) per turn. Keep those streaming against his planet and hopefully I'll be able to beat him as I have a more developed home planet. It'll be worth the spend if I'm able to grab his home planet :)

Vellos, who are you going for at the moment?
De-Legro, do you intend to keep sending fleets down here to try and get one of these home planets?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #279: August 05, 2011, 12:42:59 AM »
De-Legro, do you intend to keep sending fleets down here to try and get one of these home planets?

I'm attacking Kip.

I also have a fleet going to lefttofeelhopeless and a fleet going to kd916. Kai says I am poaching. Actually I am not. I sent my fleets there because Kai asked me to do something about Oldry's fleet. So I deployed my feet to what was, at the time, Oldry's objective. It no longer is. He seems to be going south. So I am bringing those fleets home.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

lorduck

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #280: August 05, 2011, 02:38:36 AM »

See the purple guy above you? That's Lorduck (same name here and there). Go down a little, past the big empire, see the orange-brown guy (vistuvis)? That's Adriddae.

Hey Psymann, welcome to our slice of the galaxy!  Egamma is two boxes toward the center and everyone else is a ways away.

If Princess Walnut is active and friendly, it seems the greater risk at the moment in jackdaniels, who is counterclockwise from us.  He's big and scary.  I'm just building up colonies for now, taking out a couple inactive neighbors.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #281: August 05, 2011, 04:40:56 AM »
Yeah, he's a friend of mine who plays the game. I told him to say "hi" in case you were sending fleets at him. He won't be around long, he's seen 100 cruisers from one of the large guys nearby heading to his home planet :P

Lol, you should be able to get carlwolcott. He's inactive, so just keep sending fleets and eventually he'll fall. Just remember to keep an eye on PeterKaan's planet near you. He's already sent one fleet, so it wouldn't surprise me if he sends a few more from his new planet, leaving his original planet to fight off me. Besides, Adanedhel hasn't logged in since 22nd of July, the fleets at carlwolcott are what he sent out before he stopped playing so you shouldn't see any more from him :)

Even without planetary defence I don't have enough quatloos to keep up with the amount needed to build all those subspacers. I'd need to increase my planetary income by quite a lot and remove a few other upgrades to keep up. With planetary defence (which I think I'll keep in case he strikes back and I can't defend) I only get about 55k Quatloos a turn, so I was thinking 1 Battleship and a few supporting ships (depending on available steel) per turn. Keep those streaming against his planet and hopefully I'll be able to beat him as I have a more developed home planet. It'll be worth the spend if I'm able to grab his home planet :)

For quatloo / steel balance I think you should use subspacer/destroyer. Try subspacer/destroyer/1 blackbird

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #282: August 05, 2011, 05:10:51 AM »
I'm attacking Kip.

I also have a fleet going to lefttofeelhopeless and a fleet going to kd916. Kai says I am poaching. Actually I am not. I sent my fleets there because Kai asked me to do something about Oldry's fleet. So I deployed my feet to what was, at the time, Oldry's objective. It no longer is. He seems to be going south. So I am bringing those fleets home.

I think I will beat you to  lefttofeelhopeless. Also Currently taking planets from  Adnadhehdl while I try to build up the resources to hit his planets that have planetary defence setup.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #283: August 05, 2011, 07:50:33 AM »
BTW,

Did anyone figure out if you can disband ships on planets on turns after they were built and still get the steel and such back?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #284: August 05, 2011, 07:54:55 AM »
Just created my own account, under the name of GundamMerc. If some people could help me out, that would be great. I have sent a fleet of two arks with subspace craft to the world next to mine to colonize, and selected everything I could upgrade on my own planet and began upgrading them. What should I do now?