Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 534336 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #285: August 05, 2011, 08:29:30 AM »
BTW,

Did anyone figure out if you can disband ships on planets on turns after they were built and still get the steel and such back?
Just try it with a scout and report back.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: August 05, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »
Just created my own account, under the name of GundamMerc. If some people could help me out, that would be great. I have sent a fleet of two arks with subspace craft to the world next to mine to colonize, and selected everything I could upgrade on my own planet and began upgrading them. What should I do now?

You probably don't want to upgrade everything, that takes a lot of money away which you likely can't afford to lose. You probably only need Long Range Sensors 1 and Slingshot. Sensors will let you see further from your home planet, which means you can see if someone is trying to attack you sooner. The Slingshot will let you fire off fleets with 0.5 initial acceleration (that's a turn or more's worth of acceleration for every fleet).

You probably don't need the subspacers with the arcs either, if you're sending them close to your home planet then it's very unlikely that someone is going to attack them.

What are the co-ordinates of your home planet? I'll see if I can find you and let you know who you're near to :) You can find its location by clicking your planet, clicking "info" and then it's the bit next to "location".

EDIT: A rather odd and annoying bug: I sent out three arcs on the same turn, one fleet of 1 & one fleet of 2. The fleet of 1 reached its planet today but the other fleet didn't. What makes it odd is that both planets were 2.4 distance from my capital so they should have arrived in the same turn.

Took out a few more of PeterKaan's Cruisers. He lost 4/10 Cruisers, I lost 11/46 Subspacers. I think a few of his Cruisers got past me and went off towards carlwolcott and one is heading down Kip. I've got one fleet (13 sub spacers) sat on his planet, the other (22 sub spacers) should arrive there in a few turns.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:18:27 PM by Nathan »

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: August 05, 2011, 04:33:59 PM »
Sending massive subspacer destroyer waves at PeterKaan.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: August 05, 2011, 06:41:19 PM »

I've allied with sirgumby in my sector. He seems to be attacking anyone who attacks someone near him with the objective of "cleansing" the galaxy of their warlike motives. He's got fleets of 1 blackbird and 5-10 cruisers zipping around everywhere.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #289: August 05, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »
You probably don't want to upgrade everything, that takes a lot of money away which you likely can't afford to lose. You probably only need Long Range Sensors 1 and Slingshot. Sensors will let you see further from your home planet, which means you can see if someone is trying to attack you sooner. The Slingshot will let you fire off fleets with 0.5 initial acceleration (that's a turn or more's worth of acceleration for every fleet).

You probably don't need the subspacers with the arcs either, if you're sending them close to your home planet then it's very unlikely that someone is going to attack them.

What are the co-ordinates of your home planet? I'll see if I can find you and let you know who you're near to :) You can find its location by clicking your planet, clicking "info" and then it's the bit next to "location".

EDIT: A rather odd and annoying bug: I sent out three arcs on the same turn, one fleet of 1 & one fleet of 2. The fleet of 1 reached its planet today but the other fleet didn't. What makes it odd is that both planets were 2.4 distance from my capital so they should have arrived in the same turn.

Took out a few more of PeterKaan's Cruisers. He lost 4/10 Cruisers, I lost 11/46 Subspacers. I think a few of his Cruisers got past me and went off towards carlwolcott and one is heading down Kip. I've got one fleet (13 sub spacers) sat on his planet, the other (22 sub spacers) should arrive there in a few turns.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: August 05, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »

See the blue guy (Agiri) directly to your left? That's Huntsmaster.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #291: August 05, 2011, 07:29:18 PM »
From this forum? Wow, I don't have to look far for help, do I?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #292: August 05, 2011, 07:46:31 PM »
From this forum? Wow, I don't have to look far for help, do I?

Indeed! Although with the size of your neighbours, you might need more than just help :P

Psst, De-Legro... You're sending a cruiser at egamma, a fellow BMer ;) It's the one heading for Psi Booeus.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: August 05, 2011, 10:43:22 PM »
meh.. ally the bm people to avoid friendly fire...

and surround dave too XD
firefox

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: August 06, 2011, 06:23:15 AM »
meh.. ally the bm people to avoid friendly fire...

and surround dave too XD

Plan A: Surround Dave with colonies, and then set up a circling fleet of sub-spacers on pirate mode around his entire empire.

Plan B: Surround Dave with colonies, and then send massive waves of merchantmen into his planets to deprive him of resources by out trading him of everything!!!! mwahahah!

Plan C(cruel): Surround Dave with colonies, and then set up a circling fleet of sub-spacers on pirate mode around his entire empire. Then log onto Dave's account and send tons of arcs out into the pirate fleets to harvest them for our own growth!!!!  (Disclaimer: Not a serious suggestion)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: August 06, 2011, 06:42:03 AM »
Plan C doesn't work because when you try to do anything on Dave's Demo it gives the mesage, "sorry only a demo".

Although it would kinda suck anyway for him because you can see what he is doing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: August 06, 2011, 07:26:50 AM »
Plan B: Surround Dave with colonies, and then send massive waves of merchantmen into his planets to deprive him of resources by out trading him of everything!!!! mwahahah!

that's the odd thing. my 3 merchant fleets automatically went to one of his systems to sell food.... not sure i'm getting the hang on trading prices/tariffs..... or tax for that matter

i think his tariffs are at 0 whilst mine are around 3
firefox

lorduck

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: August 06, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »
drugsmrgarrison has a cruiser that just got close to my home planet.  I'm hoping it's nothing, but I made a small defensive fleet just in case.

I'm thinking about setting up a scout perimiter, but I'm confused about the different orders you can give scouts.  Anyone know the difference between screen, scout and patrol?

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: August 06, 2011, 02:26:16 PM »
Oldry got the second planet by luck. 2 planets is pretty hard to evict, and since Vellos has probably already allied him we should just quit.

carlwolcott is active again.

peterkaan sent out a spam of arcs.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:48:31 PM by Kai »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #299: August 06, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »
Oldry got the second planet by luck.

Darn it, I wish we could get a planet through luck. First PeterKaan, now Oldry >.<

carlwolcott is active again.

Uh oh... You going to move away from him and concentrate on someone else?

peterkaan sent out a spam of arcs.

Ignore them, it'll take too long for the planets to become useful.

PeterKaan has either given up defending his home planet, or he's saving resources to get a massive fleet. He didn't build any defence last turn so he lost 2/5 Cruisers compared to my 1/35 Subspacers. Hopefully he's given up on that planet, I want to get back to sending arcs out so I can fill out the area in my Planetary Defence ring before moving on to someone else.