Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529011 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #330: August 08, 2011, 08:19:30 AM »
Just stole my first planet.

Assaulting Planet Omicron Cecilae Lyrae (3374413)assault in progress -- raining death from space
 Assaulting Planet Omicron Cecilae Lyrae (3374413)planetary assault -- capitulation!

Still shows up as belonging to the old player, hoping it will switch to my control next turn :) Pity it was only society level 6
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #331: August 08, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »
something funny going on here.. could have sworn jeffer's capital (1881.5, 1811.6) was in pussey's hands last night when i wrote that stuff.. (ie same turn)

noticed another thing.. the 2 arcs i built last night, tariff changes i made all disappeared...

something was glitched with dave's thing after the down time and he reset it?

anyway.. now figured out why it said 30-40 from capital... because it's from my capital.. not his.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:06:34 AM by fodder »
firefox

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: August 08, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »
noticed another thing.. the 2 arcs i built last night, tariff changes i made all disappeared...

something was glitched with dave's thing after the down time and he reset it?

Oh good, I thought I'd gone insane. I had the same thing, the fleet I built after the turn change wasn't there any more when I checked last night. Seems he had to roll back.

EDIT: Does anyone know a good way to get resources from your colonies to your home planet? I've just built 8 merchantmen and sent them out to each of my colonies (annoyingly I'm 1 ship short of covering them all), but I'm not sure if they'll actually come back with any steel from those planets. It doesn't really bother me what they come back with as I know they'll bring back much needed Quatloos (I spent 575k yesterday), but that steel could certainly come in handy for more arcs.

Oddly, no combat took place on PeterKaan's home planet this turn. He has 1 Cruiser there and I've got 33 Subspacers, but nobody was killed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:32:31 PM by Nathan »

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: August 08, 2011, 04:41:57 PM »
if unattended, your ships will just go bananas and head to wherever they fancy going...(but head home once in a while?)

i think you can force trading with routes...

from under help/routes
You can put trade ships on routes to keep them trading on a fixed set of planets in a fixed order.

perhaps it's possible to fix the prices with tariffs? (beats me how that stuff works)
firefox

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: August 08, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
The huge guy's name is Zootcat. Go to 1590.4,1905.9 to stare into the heart of darkness.

I see he borders MaleMaldives... good luck, buddy  :o
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:46:51 PM by Sacha »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #335: August 08, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »
if unattended, your ships will just go bananas and head to wherever they fancy going...(but head home once in a while?)

i think you can force trading with routes...

Cheers. I think I'll leave them for now and see how they go, wouldn't want to mess it up and end up losing steel/Quatloos. If they look like they're heading somewhere dangerous I'll just point them towards my home planet instead, but since the only person trading trading in this sector is me they shouldn't wander too far :P

The huge guy's name is Zootcat. Go to 1590.4,1905.9 to stare into the heart of darkness.

I see he borders MaleMaldives... good luck, buddy  :o

He's the guy fighting with uranus for top of the scoreboards. I feel sorry for yuggy, a new player just north-west of him :P

EDIT: Gratz to De-Legro for being 15th on the "Most Fleets" board :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 05:53:03 PM by Nathan »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: August 09, 2011, 12:26:57 AM »
This Hierulf guy might not like war, but he is certainly squeezing me out of my area. Looks like he will soon have colonised all around me, glad I sent some arcs out to establish some new outpost earlier.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #337: August 09, 2011, 06:20:30 AM »
New colonies are uselss for over a month so you're basically dead.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #338: August 09, 2011, 06:41:27 AM »
New colonies are uselss for over a month so you're basically dead.

I would be if he was attacking me, which he isn't. I will just have to expand in other directions. If I manage to get any of the new player planets I am targeting they will make a excellent second core as well. Don't panic I have a few options yet.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: August 09, 2011, 07:24:06 AM »
I just realized that the BM forum has turned into a mini-OOC group who joins games together and works together OOC, just like we complain about those Averothians. Just sayin' ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: August 09, 2011, 07:31:05 AM »
I just realized that the BM forum has turned into a mini-OOC group who joins games together and works together OOC, just like we complain about those Averothians. Just sayin' ::)

Its a strategy game, you can't be OOC since it doesn't have a RP element :). Besides we have an in game alliance but the message system in game really really sucks.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #341: August 09, 2011, 07:50:18 AM »
Its a strategy game, you can't be OOC since it doesn't have a RP element :). Besides we have an in game alliance but the message system in game really really sucks.

Whoops, didn't look at the game  :-[ I stand corrected
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: August 09, 2011, 09:00:35 AM »
Just started this game, how do I ally\find\interact with you guys?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #343: August 09, 2011, 12:58:47 PM »
I have uranus to deal with, hopefully he plays nice.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: August 09, 2011, 01:29:37 PM »
Just started this game, how do I ally\find\interact with you guys?

The first post in this thread has everyone's (well, mostly, I think it's a little out of date) name & co-ordinates. If you give me your co-ordinates (click on your planet, Info, Location) & your name I can probably tell you who you're near.

I have uranus to deal with, hopefully he plays nice.

Ha... Haha... no... Very unlikely since he's rivalling for first place on a few ladders and I think he's in quite a big war at the moment, so he'll need every planet he can get his hands on.

EDIT: Ouch, PeterKaan decided to stock up his metal and build a big fleet to try and counter attack. I lost 21/33 SubSpacers, he lost 9/17 Cruisers. He's probably kicked me off now as my other fleets are a little further away. If he kicks me off and moves out, De-Legro might take the planet with his incoming fleet. If he stays there then he might take a while to shift.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:49:56 PM by Nathan »