Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 535433 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #375: August 11, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »
whereas cadfan has 2 links from capital XD
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #376: August 11, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
Yes, I am still active.

Kai, you suggested we work together to take Oldry's planets. That'd be pretty difficult, as my experience taking a planet (kip's) indicates that, upon taking a planet, one has access to enough resources, in my case, to build 12 arcs and 10 superbattleships. I'm afraid we don't have the resources at present to defeat that.

Plus, just a few days ago I had fleets on their way to Oldry's second planet, and you accused me of trying to steal the planet from you. Now, you want my help. Well, tough. At your request, I changed my strategy. I deployed my fleets into my heartland to secure my defenses, and aimed my expansion southwards. I have no significant resources in range of Oldry's new colonies. Maybe in a few days I'll have built up a bit of a new fleet from my home base, but that'll be a little while, so you'll have to be patient and, in the meantime, you'll probably have to not change the plan again.

So, if you want my help against Oldry, it'll be a little while as I assemble a fleet that might be large enough to mean something. Also, we need to know what Oldry's defenses look like. That means deploying a fleet directly onto the planet to get a look, probably. Finally, we will both need to have large fleets available to simultaneously to launch an effective attack.

In good news, however, Oldry is actually dying. Heirulf took his capital some time ago, and he doesn't seem to hold any major star cluster. He just hops from new players to new player, pirating what he can.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #377: August 11, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »
If you were perceptive you would look at the right planet and see a population of less than 2 million. Just go !@#$ing kill him. Even if he has 50 cruisers, he can only make 1 more per turn. Just stream in subspacer / destroyer in fleets of 50 and win.

I know what Oldry's defences look like: about 150 cruisers on the left planet, an unknown amount of !@#$ on the right one, with only about 2000 steel a turn available.

I think your case is higher than average, one I saw could only build about 9 arcs and 15 cruisers and I'm going to kill him shortly. Dont assume from 1 data point.

It's funny because you haven't fought one single meaningful battle.

Also I find it funny you talking about plans because I've never seen you cooperate with me at all so trying to use it now is pretty silly.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:29:01 PM by Kai »

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #378: August 11, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
okay...how long does it take for an arc to arrive? or anything to happen..

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #379: August 11, 2011, 03:24:43 PM »
A week or so.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #380: August 11, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
*sigh* The one day where I want the turn to come early (as seems to be the norm) and it comes late. So I shall be missing (probably) 4 turns. Hopefully it won't make a difference at all as by the time carlwolcott//PeterKaan notices I'm not here, I'll be back :P

Also, look at the planet directly to the right of carl's home planet. Level 15 and it has 28k population. 10 times more than my level 18 colony.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #381: August 11, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »
carl doesn't play much.

that's why his level isn't doing up while his pop still increases.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #382: August 11, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »
.... strange. does lvl go up only when you log in?
firefox

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #383: August 11, 2011, 05:10:51 PM »
I think it counts if you logged in in the last 36 hours or something, search the google group.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #384: August 11, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »
If you were perceptive you would look at the right planet and see a population of less than 2 million. Just go !@#$ing kill him. Even if he has 50 cruisers, he can only make 1 more per turn. Just stream in subspacer / destroyer in fleets of 50 and win.

I know what Oldry's defences look like: about 150 cruisers on the left planet, an unknown amount of !@#$ on the right one, with only about 2000 steel a turn available.

I think your case is higher than average, one I saw could only build about 9 arcs and 15 cruisers and I'm going to kill him shortly. Dont assume from 1 data point.

It's funny because you haven't fought one single meaningful battle.

Also I find it funny you talking about plans because I've never seen you cooperate with me at all so trying to use it now is pretty silly.

I have begun assembling a fleet to attack the planet on the right. May be a little while.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #385: August 12, 2011, 12:31:40 AM »
Fodder and Squishymaster,

we may need to watch out about this pussey guy up to the north of us all. He has just taken out Jeffer's capitol planet and I am seeing scouts around my perimeter. If he launches an attack we could be in trouble.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #386: August 12, 2011, 12:40:35 AM »
True, I've been checking him out he is pretty big.  I've mostly been putting everything into Arcs for like the last week, but at this point I do have a number of planets.  Perhaps we should all put everything into building nasty fleets for the next week or two so we can be ready for anything near us?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #387: August 12, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »
Interesting, I just took a planet that is linked to other planets of my enemy, and I can apparently use HIS resources to build ships. Might be something to watch for if you have planets with links.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #388: August 12, 2011, 01:41:09 AM »
I've got peace with uranus and sirgumby, two of the biggest players in the game. Uranus is one of the top two players, while sirgumby is part of the top five in all the leaderboards. I hope to score an alliance with  sirgumby, while uranus and I have a neutrality agreement. Agiri and I are currently expanding into the same areas, although eventually we will have to sort out an organized expansion zone.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #389: August 12, 2011, 01:53:19 AM »
I have begun assembling a fleet to attack the planet on the right. May be a little while.
I have a blackbird at both planets now, you should be able to plan your assault easily. It's probably best for you to take the right planet, all my ships are going left now.