Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529422 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #390: August 12, 2011, 03:01:48 AM »
I'm headed right, but for some reason I can't view what fleets are actually ON the planet.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #391: August 12, 2011, 04:00:34 AM »
That's strange, cuz ur my ally and all.

It's 113 cruisers, 3 subspacers, 1 blackbird. 2 mil population so 2k steel a turn. The counter fleet is 200 subspacer/destroyer with a few battlecruisers follow up. That's about 200k steel so you might have to hold off for a while.

On the left is 152 cruisers, but this planet has full population. We'll have to gangbang it later.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #392: August 12, 2011, 04:06:05 AM »

It's 113 cruisers, 3 subspacers, 1 blackbird. 2 mil population so 2k steel a turn. Probably use the 10 superbattlecruisers after you kill that newbie. I'm not sure how well superbattlecruisers do against cruisers.

On the left is 152 cruisers, but this planet has full population. We'll have to gangbang it later.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #393: August 12, 2011, 04:06:09 AM »

It's 113 cruisers, 3 subspacers, 1 blackbird. 2 mil population so 2k steel a turn. The counter fleet is 200 subspacer/destroyer with a few battlecruisers follow up. That's about 200k steel so you might have to hold off for a while.

He uses crusiers for defense? Their advantage is speed and reasonable attack ratings, seems stupid to use them on defense. I can apparently make super battleships now. Need to experiment with what works best to crush planetary defense, high defense expensive craft, lots of cheap craft, large fleets, multiple smaller fleets that sort of thing.

So far I've only encountered the defense system twice, against two fleets of 1 cruiser each. Both fleets were approaching the same planet, which was able to target both fleets in a single turn. One fleet was slightly further away from the planet, and the attack missed, the other attack hit and destroyed the cruiser.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #394: August 12, 2011, 04:09:23 AM »
He uses crusiers for defense? Their advantage is speed and reasonable attack ratings, seems stupid to use them on defense. I can apparently make super battleships now. Need to experiment with what works best to crush planetary defense, high defense expensive craft, lots of cheap craft, large fleets, multiple smaller fleets that sort of thing.
The 1.5x combat numbers cap makes mass cruisers reasonable against everything.

So far I've only encountered the defense system twice, against two fleets of 1 cruiser each. Both fleets were approaching the same planet, which was able to target both fleets in a single turn. One fleet was slightly further away from the planet, and the attack missed, the other attack hit and destroyed the cruiser.
Defence system is 20% chance to kill any ship in range per turn.

Since Quatloos are basically worthless its a choice between defence system and more subspacers.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:11:01 AM by Kai »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #395: August 12, 2011, 04:44:02 AM »
The 1.5x combat numbers cap makes mass cruisers reasonable against everything.
Defence system is 20% chance to kill any ship in range per turn.

Since Quatloos are basically worthless its a choice between defence system and more subspacers.

That would suggest that 1 big fleet of cheap fast ships should be the best solution I guess.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #396: August 12, 2011, 05:18:09 AM »
Would anyone like to send some arcs to the space to my east? There is plenty of room to expand, and sirgumby+uranus make for good neighbors.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #397: August 12, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »
Just took a look at my fleets summary, 16 pages of fleets :). Pity most of them are 1 ship scout or subspacer fleets

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #398: August 12, 2011, 07:07:46 AM »
problem is that you can't actually see overlapping things (on the same dot)?
firefox

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #399: August 12, 2011, 02:52:59 PM »
Fleet: Fleet #11653, 18 (11653) Battle! -- Our Ships Lost:
             blackbirds -- 1
             subspacers -- 9 (total 13 in fleet)
             destroyers -- 4
Fleet: Fleet #13264, 14 cruisers (13264) Battle! -- Their Ships Lost:
               cruisers -- 1

What the hell? That should have been 140/38 vs 196/56

Also carlwolcott sent 2 super battlecruisers near me what should I do?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:00:17 PM by Kai »

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #400: August 12, 2011, 04:42:12 PM »
Fleet: Fleet #11653, 18 (11653) Battle! -- Our Ships Lost:
             blackbirds -- 1
             subspacers -- 9 (total 13 in fleet)
             destroyers -- 4
Fleet: Fleet #13264, 14 cruisers (13264) Battle! -- Their Ships Lost:
               cruisers -- 1

What the hell? That should have been 140/38 vs 196/56

Also carlwolcott sent 2 super battlecruisers near me what should I do?

Attack his 2 with 3 or 4 of your own?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #401: August 12, 2011, 07:34:05 PM »
what is a good mix of ships?

all super battleship? mix of sb/battleship? mix of those with smaller ships?

silverfire/kingdante is getting into a fight with pussey... wondering what would be good to help him with...
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #402: August 12, 2011, 08:21:17 PM »

!@#$ man, that's a big fleet.

I'm deploying just about everything I have in that direction now. My home planet will henceforth no longer be producing arcs, and will produce exclusively military ships. Luckily, some of my colonies are starting to get up there in society level, and may be able to build some arcs within a few days/weeks.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #403: August 13, 2011, 01:58:03 AM »
Uranus is moving some cruisers around awfully close to my worlds. Destination unknown, purpose unknown but likely malign. I *really* don't like, as a newbie, having to contend with people whose main advantage cometh solely from the fact that they found and started playing the game before me.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #404: August 13, 2011, 03:57:49 AM »
Send him a message asking for neutrality. I did that and he's leaving me alone. He is actually a nice player, you just have to play nice back.