Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 534563 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #420: August 14, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »
Don't bother. At your size people are only looking to poach homeworlds not to kill merchantmen. They're mostly a waste of steel so early anyway.

Yeah, I don't want my homeworld poached. The merchantmen I am wanting to protect are Morningstar's, not mine.

Thoughts?
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: August 14, 2011, 09:45:33 PM »
uranus is colonizing everywhere. There's an exponential growth factor to this kind of thing... I have come to realize that I will not ever be able to overcome his advantages in population, worlds, fleets, money, and overall power.
He started playing before I did. So he wins.

He doesn't even bother replying to messages. Him and everyone else in this game. Why should they? Bah. I'm half a mind to quit by now.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #422: August 14, 2011, 09:50:46 PM »
uranus is colonizing everywhere. There's an exponential growth factor to this kind of thing... I have come to realize that I will not ever be able to overcome his advantages in population, worlds, fleets, money, and overall power.
He started playing before I did. So he wins.

He doesn't even bother replying to messages. Him and everyone else in this game. Why should they? Bah. I'm half a mind to quit by now.

I'm assuming that if you have a boatload of allies like we do, you can gangbang these kinds of guys.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: August 14, 2011, 11:57:18 PM »
depends on how many lvl 50+ worlds they have.
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #424: August 15, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »
Actually, uranus is quite nice if you give him half a chance. Just ask him to leave you a nice little patch in return for continued neutrality or an alliance, and you're set. He literally controls everything to my west, and I don't fear him attacking me at all.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: August 15, 2011, 04:52:15 AM »
Actually, uranus is quite nice

huehuehue

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #426: August 15, 2011, 04:56:33 AM »
Okay so I have started taking some 50 + planets, which has allowed me to make over 100 arcs. The exponential nature of this game is just stupid. Needs to be something that limits expansion as you get bigger.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: August 15, 2011, 06:05:00 AM »
Actually, uranus is quite nice if you give him half a chance. Just ask him to leave you a nice little patch in return for continued neutrality or an alliance, and you're set. He literally controls everything to my west, and I don't fear him attacking me at all.

I fear him more aggressively taking away all the nearby potential colony worlds than outright attacking, but anyway he doesn't respond to my messages.

Problem is having to deal with this in the first place. The power ratio between oldbies:newbies is rather higher than in your average game. Except I can't think of anything that would solve this issue without creating extra problems, like being frustrated with a colonization system that seems to work good at first but gradually becomes less effective.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #428: August 15, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »
I fear him more aggressively taking away all the nearby potential colony worlds than outright attacking, but anyway he doesn't respond to my messages.

Problem is having to deal with this in the first place. The power ratio between oldbies:newbies is rather higher than in your average game. Except I can't think of anything that would solve this issue without creating extra problems, like being frustrated with a colonization system that seems to work good at first but gradually becomes less effective.

No worse then a game like Tribal wars when you are surrounded by guys that can field catapults and all you can build is the very first unit types. At least in this one you can get the top units and planetary defence up and running very quickly.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: August 15, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »
Gangbanging is the correct response.

Allying them and sitting around as a protectorate bitch-state sounds like a good way to be bored and wait for death in a big shadow.

Attack or die, because if you die at least you can quit and stop wasting time.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #430: August 15, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »
Awwww... but I like being a protectorate bitch-state!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: August 15, 2011, 04:59:59 PM »
Gangbanging is the correct response.

Allying them and sitting around as a protectorate bitch-state sounds like a good way to be bored and wait for death in a big shadow.

Attack or die, because if you die at least you can quit and stop wasting time.
qft
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #432: August 15, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »
Besides, I secured my right to be the sole colonizer of all space to my south and my east, all of which is empty of other empires. He has agreed to this, meaning he gets all the space to my north and west. Which has many, many empires competing for planets. Therefore, I got the better end of the deal.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #433: August 15, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
Oh guys, by the way...

Because I am a little bitch protectorate state, I allied PeterKaan.

It looks like most of his fleets are visible to our alliance already, except for a 20 cruiser fleet headed to CarlWolcott.

I'll keep an eye on him.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #434: August 16, 2011, 12:23:22 AM »
Ok, I'm back from my little trip and I've read up on what I missed, which seems to be not much.

So I joined this game too... Looks like fun. The name is Fleugs (same as here) and the locations are 1810.3,1735.2 I think.

Since I love you Fleugs, I'll look for you. Unfortunately I don't think there is anyone near you but you're welcome to pitch a colony next to me and a few others (our co-ords are on the first page of this thread).

As Kai/Vellos might have noticed, I managed to log in and build fleets so I'm still on top of PeterKaan. Hopefully he'll fall soon enough if Vellos is right about his fleets.