Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529093 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #435: August 16, 2011, 03:33:22 AM »
As Kai/Vellos might have noticed, I managed to log in and build fleets so I'm still on top of PeterKaan. Hopefully he'll fall soon enough if Vellos is right about his fleets.

I can't see what fleets he may have garrisoned at his planets, but I can't fathom that he'd be able to reliably hold up against 3 attackers (Masdus, Klingzog, Kai) all at once.

He might be able to keep Kai and Klingzog off... meaning... De-Legro! Send more fleets! You have plenty of resources available to do it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #436: August 16, 2011, 03:35:10 AM »
Oh and, Kai:

PeterKaan appears to be at war with Oldry. He's sending 2 blackbirds and 4 cruisers to Oldry's western planet. Not enough to really accomplish anything against Oldry, but who knows?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #437: August 16, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »
Oh guys, by the way...

Because I am a little bitch protectorate state, I allied PeterKaan.

It looks like most of his fleets are visible to our alliance already, except for a 20 cruiser fleet headed to CarlWolcott.

I'll keep an eye on him.
Now being a spy is perfectly acceptable.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #438: August 16, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »
I can't see what fleets he may have garrisoned at his planets, but I can't fathom that he'd be able to reliably hold up against 3 attackers (Masdus, Klingzog, Kai) all at once.

He might be able to keep Kai and Klingzog off... meaning... De-Legro! Send more fleets! You have plenty of resources available to do it.

I'm at war with 9 different players right now, my resources have LOTS of demands.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #439: August 16, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
I just joined :)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #440: August 16, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
I'm at war with 9 different players right now, my resources have LOTS of demands.

Don't worry about it, focus on your other wars and I'll take care of PeterKaan. I out-match his home planet's production and he's busy with other people, so he'll fall eventually. Unfortunately my first fleet overshot his planet and is taking a few turns to come back to it (I have no idea how since I just went from my planet to his, all the others have arrived fine). I've got a steady stream going up so it's not too much of a bother.

I just joined :)

Let us know the co-ordinates of your home planet so we know who your nearest allies are :)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #441: August 16, 2011, 02:41:26 PM »
Ok, I'm back from my little trip and I've read up on what I missed, which seems to be not much.

Since I love you Fleugs, I'll look for you. Unfortunately I don't think there is anyone near you but you're welcome to pitch a colony next to me and a few others (our co-ords are on the first page of this thread).

I'll send a ship. But won't it take like several weeks?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #442: August 16, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »

Woops, PeterKaan is attacking you.

Your new conquest south of Darklatiz, the planet with the 3 links. PeterKaan has 3 cruisers on their way, maybe 3 or 4 days out.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #443: August 16, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »
How many more colonies should I build before building some military?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #444: August 16, 2011, 03:11:18 PM »
I'll send a ship. But won't it take like several weeks?

Very likely, yes. Then when it gets there it'll only be society level 1 and so will take a few weeks to be of any use. But it's just a "for the future" thing :P

How many more colonies should I build before building some military?

That depends on if there are any planets nearby that you think "I'd quite like to take that". I took 5 before I started thinking about military properly, then I took another 4 whilst I was at war with PeterKaan. But I wish that instead of taking loads of planets, I'd taken one planet and bolstered it with quite a lot of arcs to get decent population/production out of it. So it really depends on your situation and how you want to play in the future.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #445: August 16, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
I love how we are so against ooc clans in battlemaster, but go to another game and bam! You guys form one.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #446: August 16, 2011, 03:27:59 PM »
Awesome, isn't it? As far as I know though, OOC-clans aren't really forbidden in this game. Besides, I'm surrounded by evil civilizations that want to kill me, so I'd rather get to a place that is safe.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #447: August 16, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
I love how we are so against ooc clans in battlemaster, but go to another game and bam! You guys form one.

This isn't an RP game, so it's all fine :P

Besides, we're all so awesome that we'd be allies in game even if we didn't know each other outside of it, right? :D

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #448: August 16, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
You can come my way. I'm next to Agiri, so just look back a couple pages to where we listed all our locations and send an arc my way.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #449: August 16, 2011, 03:49:02 PM »
1671.1,1776.0 !