Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529628 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #465: August 17, 2011, 05:50:44 PM »
Drats and the damn game site is down.

Back up now :P

Kai, you might want to try and get PeterKaan's south planet as soon as possible. There's a food scarcity so it'll probably start to lose people very rapidly. I've landed 3 fleets (each with 1 ship though) on his north planet. I'll have 41 Subspacers land there tomorrow with another 23 soon after. He's got 6 Cruisers there so hopefully he won't build any more and I can finally kick him off (although I'm sure I said exactly the same thing about 2 weeks ago...)

Also, congratulations to egamma for being 28th on the "Most Money" ladder :P

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #466: August 18, 2011, 11:24:50 AM »
I have 64 subspacers going in, with a bit more follow up. If that doesn't kill it I'm really stumped.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #467: August 18, 2011, 12:39:27 PM »
I have 64 subspacers going in, with a bit more follow up. If that doesn't kill it I'm really stumped.

I think bigger fleets are definitely the way to go when assaulting a home planet. Not quite sure what goes into these large fleets to make the most out of your resources, but I'm going to find out :P

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #468: August 18, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »
crap...Jahroen is attacking me already

Do I need any previous upgrade before I can build planetary defense?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:44:02 PM by D`Este »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #469: August 18, 2011, 02:47:01 PM »
crap...Jahroen is attacking me already

Ask him nicely not to? He might be one of those guys that listen when someone asks :)

If not, then I'd say either: 1) Pack up and ship out, send everything you have over to where I am (left of you, I think) and try and get yourself a planet over here with a massive military force. 2) Fight back, store all your resources until a day before he arrives and then build the biggest fleet you can to counter him, then keep storing resources until your fleet is almost destroyed and repeat.
1 will be safer, but means you have to wait before being able to properly play again. 2 will be more interesting, but also very risky.

Do I need any previous upgrade before I can build planetary defense?

Level 61 society and then it takes 5/6 days to build (some people said 5, but mine had a halt in the middle where it only did 16%, might depend on how much surplus resources you have when you're building it).

In other news, Merchantmen are awesome. Every one of them that comes back to my home planet brings steel and then heads off with food or consumer goods - they haven't paid for themselves yet, but if this trend keeps up then they will do fairly quickly.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #470: August 18, 2011, 02:51:13 PM »
If I fight back, what type of ships should I build?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #471: August 18, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
If I fight back, what type of ships should I build?

What's he sending at you?

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #472: August 18, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
4 cruisers! :P

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #473: August 18, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »

build 50 cruisers. That should do the trick ;)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #474: August 18, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »

Oh, I got it into my head that he was sending a rather large force at you. He's probably just testing if you're active, so just send him a message saying "I'm active, please send the Cruisers elsewhere" and he'll move on. If not, then 5 Cruisers will do, or a few Battleships if you want to save up for 4/5 of them (less likely to lose anything then).

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #475: August 18, 2011, 03:17:14 PM »
Can someone explain to me how I can trade between my own planets? And transfer resources? From what I understand, merchantmen do this pretty much automatic; do I need to keep setting their route? Can I create a fixed route that they keep going on?
Ardet nec consumitur.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #476: August 18, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »
Oh, I got it into my head that he was sending a rather large force at you. He's probably just testing if you're active, so just send him a message saying "I'm active, please send the Cruisers elsewhere" and he'll move on. If not, then 5 Cruisers will do, or a few Battleships if you want to save up for 4/5 of them (less likely to lose anything then).

Problem is that he is 1 turn near my homeplanet. He already destroyed an arc :( So will go for cruisers.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #477: August 18, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »
Can someone explain to me how I can trade between my own planets? And transfer resources?

Just build a Merchantmen/Bulkfreighter fleet at your home planet and send it to one of your colonies. Transferring resources is done through planetary links that some people have when planets are spaced out a lot, for those you just build as if you had the resources available.

From what I understand, merchantmen do this pretty much automatic; do I need to keep setting their route?

Nope, they'll just pick a profitable planet and move to it next, returning to their home planet after a few stops.

Can I create a fixed route that they keep going on?

Yep, I think if you create a circular route and have it stop at planets they'll follow it, return home, then get back on it again (not sure about non-circular routes).

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #478: August 18, 2011, 03:59:59 PM »
build 1 scout per turn until you save up a few turns of resources. this should stop your planet from being attacked.

then make a massive fleet and win. or use this time to make planetary defence - instant win.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #479: August 18, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
build 1 scout per turn until you save up a few turns of resources. this should stop your planet from being attacked.

Remember to set the scout on Planetary Defence, otherwise it'll sit there and let the fleet take the planet.

then make a massive fleet and win. or use this time to make planetary defence - instant win.

Instant, but ridiculously expensive, win. I struggle to build much of a fleet because of my Planetary Defence since it takes 30% of my income.