Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529499 times)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #540: August 26, 2011, 03:23:44 AM »
If you don't accidentally spend resources that should be used on the PD that turn, 5. If you do, then it depends how much you overspend. So if you don't build anything on that planet, or just leave [cost]/5 resources there each turn, you should be fine.

You should definitely spend all of that steel on a single fleet of arcs and colonise a planet with them. 33/34 arcs in a single fleet would be awesome - instant usable planet :D

Population would still be less than 20k.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #541: August 26, 2011, 05:14:36 AM »
Me and uranus have a mutual non-aggression pact.

I just wanted to say that.

Welcome to the club!

Where are you and what is your in-game name?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #542: August 26, 2011, 05:17:30 AM »
Haven't said anything for a while; RL has been busy.

Formal Announcement: Oldry is a BITCH. Wasn't paying attention to one of my outlying planets, and he attacked it, so I had to break off production of my big-whomper fleet and built a fleet to push him off my planet. I can't exactly let him sit a 20 cruiser fleet on my border without being challenged.

If anybody wants to send, oh, 60 cruisers down to Pi Circax... I'd give you a hug. In my mind.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #543: August 26, 2011, 05:19:00 AM »
Anyone notice the additions Dave just put into effect? You can use arrow keys to navigate the map now.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #544: August 26, 2011, 05:28:10 AM »
Haven't said anything for a while; RL has been busy.

Formal Announcement: Oldry is a BITCH. Wasn't paying attention to one of my outlying planets, and he attacked it, so I had to break off production of my big-whomper fleet and built a fleet to push him off my planet. I can't exactly let him sit a 20 cruiser fleet on my border without being challenged.

If anybody wants to send, oh, 60 cruisers down to Pi Circax... I'd give you a hug. In my mind.

To face his 113 Crusier Fleet? Sounds like fun.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #545: August 26, 2011, 06:46:31 AM »

Give me a week or so to build a few arcs and expand my empire a little and then I'll start to build a fleet.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #546: August 26, 2011, 06:47:38 AM »
I can't seem to find where he says that, do you mind quoting it for me? >.<

I'm ashamed to say I actually laughed at this :P

I can now finally declare an alliance with Adriddae! I think I'm now allied with every BM player around me :D

Flyingmana     
View profile 
 More options Aug 12, 10:24 pm
i have something irritating in my log today.
Fleet: Fleet #13223, 3 super battleships (13223) Battle! -- Our Ships Lost:
       superbattleships -- 1
Fleet: Fleet #3917, 1 super battleship (3917) Battle! -- Our Ships Lost:
       superbattleships -- 1
Fleet: Fleet #3041, 1 super battleship (3041) Battle! -- Our Ships Lost:
       superbattleships -- 1
its irritating, because i have only one fiendly battleship on t his planet (which got not destroyed)
I mean, one superbattleship ok, but a battleship which kills 3 in one strike is depressing =/
Is it wanted, that a fleet can attack all others in reach with full power?

Dave Case     
View profile 
 More options Aug 14, 5:00 am
Hehe, that was a rather ugly outcome.
Hmmm.  The solution to this problem is to take other combats into account
when doing the current one,
so if a ship is out of defenses from a previous combat, it gets wacked.
 This would fix your current issue at least.
You can always send the fleets to a planet, combine them, then attack again.
Also, add some supporting ships to your 1 big ship, it's much harder for the
other side to hit your 1 big ship if it's surrounded by 20 frigates.
There's no way to keep everyone happy all the time, I just have to keep
reminding myself of that.  :)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #547: August 26, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
no need to stress in defence if you have planetary, just export any resources you might have on the planet and let him take it, retreat into your defence circle

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #548: August 26, 2011, 07:23:48 AM »
My rapid expansion should soon be comming to an end. I've managed to claim some nice 50+ planets around the place which will now be the focus for growth. What does this mean for everyone else? Well my core planets are going to start getting ready for war, Just checked my first planet and it has the resources for 30 super battleships, when I've got the resources to make a screening force for them I will see what aid I can lend against Oldry

Also note, some of my earliest colonies are approaching level 50, but are useless due to a low population still (around 90,000). They still collect very small amounts of steel so they lack the resources to build much. It really might pay to send large arc fleets to distribute population.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:35:39 AM by De-Legro »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #549: August 26, 2011, 07:47:14 AM »
If you have low populations, try lowering the income tax. Also, don't build any ships from said low-pop. planets as well, that will just deplete the population.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #550: August 26, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »
If you have low populations, try lowering the income tax. Also, don't build any ships from said low-pop. planets as well, that will just deplete the population.

Low pop makes it almost impossible to build ships, due to the low resource production rates. These are simply planets that I only ever sent 1 arc to, their society level is simple advancing out of proportion to the population growth.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #551: August 26, 2011, 08:00:04 AM »
sent 60 cruisers to some poor sod, defending against 2 superbc

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #552: August 26, 2011, 03:56:06 PM »
oldry has a 3rd planet, im starting planetary defence. nathan should really make a big ass fleet and use it on the right hand side with vellos.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #553: August 26, 2011, 04:48:33 PM »
Well, I've started wars with 2 players. One of them went inactive and had his home planet conquered, but he still has half a dozen or so planets in my area, all with between 20,000 and 80,000 people. Shame to let those get to waste.

The other player is slightly smaller than me, but he lacks fleets and his home planet looks ripe for the picking.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #554: August 26, 2011, 07:57:22 PM »
Also note, some of my earliest colonies are approaching level 50, but are useless due to a low population still (around 90,000). They still collect very small amounts of steel so they lack the resources to build much. It really might pay to send large arc fleets to distribute population.

How much steel are they making? My shoddy maths says about 90 steel a day? This took my home planet, divided population by steel produced to give 1025 pop to 1 steel, then divide 90k by 1025 to give me theoretical steel production on your planet. If I'm right, then that means you need 10/11 arcs to make it useful at level 50 (1 frigate a day).

Nathan should really make a big ass fleet and use it on the right hand side with vellos.

Planning on doing after a bit of expansion. I slowed that to a halt when I was at war with PeterKaan, so it's time to catch up. Once I've colonised a few more planets around my home planet, I'll start stocking for war with Oldry.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:09:58 PM by Nathan »