Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 535994 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #585: August 30, 2011, 09:01:11 PM »
jahroen is making me nervous. Attacked my home planet, just 12 cruisers, probably a test, but still. Too big for me to be entirely comfortable with him nearby.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #586: August 30, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »
He's close to me too, the jahroen. But I haven't been playing so long so I'm  not that powerful (have 12 cruisers myself, JAH declared he was going to conquer me...).

By the way, I'm making a lot of merchants because I think trade will speed up my expansion. True or not?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #587: August 30, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
jahroen is making me nervous. Attacked my home planet, just 12 cruisers, probably a test, but still. Too big for me to be entirely comfortable with him nearby.

Do you want me to send over a few ships in case he turns up with something bigger? I can send over 3 Super Battleships and sit them inside your Planetary Defence radius. Not a great help against a big force, but it will be able to mop up most smaller fleets he sends in.

He's close to me too, the jahroen. But I haven't been playing so long so I'm  not that powerful (have 12 cruisers myself, JAH declared he was going to conquer me...).

You could try asking other larger empires near you if they want an alliance. It means they don't have to worry about you attacking them and they'll probably help you if jahroen, JAH or anyone else tries to attack you. They'll probably want open trade and some help with who ever they're attacking, but it'll keep you alive long enough to become bigger.

By the way, I'm making a lot of merchants because I think trade will speed up my expansion. True or not?

Probably true, it'll help you recover steel from your colonies so it can be put into other arcs.

Decided I'm not going to get Mind Control on my planets. Food production may disappear, but everything else rises so it's worth it. Also, according to the resource graph, food production bounces back - looking at it I seem to be in the dip, so hopefully it won't be an issue in a few weeks. I'm still getting Farming Subsidies on a few planets just in case though :P

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #588: August 30, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »
I'm kinda stuck between two large empires, so at a given point I will just have to breakthrough and conquer one...  or I could go totally linear, but I don't like an Inca-style empire.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #589: August 30, 2011, 11:34:50 PM »
Could someone put up an updated list of Battlemaster players? Oh, and you guys are free to send arcs to the huge empty space to my east. Lots and lots of room to expand. I need some balancing power for Uranus as well, I have sirgumby as an ally but he isn't as big as uranus.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #590: August 31, 2011, 01:08:54 AM »
Could someone put up an updated list of Battlemaster players?

I made one a while back but I think SilverFire has stopped playing (or reading this thread) so it wasn't updated :(

I need some balancing power for Uranus as well, I have sirgumby as an ally but he isn't as big as uranus.

Nobody is, that's what you get for being the top of every high score table :P

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #591: August 31, 2011, 02:46:56 AM »
sirgumby is as well, or nearly so. He still isn't as big.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #592: August 31, 2011, 03:39:25 AM »

He has gone to war with me as well. I've messaged him waiting on a reply. I Think he is annoyed that we took some planets he was hoping for.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #593: August 31, 2011, 07:00:36 AM »
That's me.

Oops! Redirecting my fleets somewhere else.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #594: August 31, 2011, 08:01:07 AM »
seems that a few of the big players might be multies. I was watching a few of my neighbours that have 200+ planets. 4 of them showed no activity since 23 August. Today all four came online.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #595: August 31, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
Or they went out camping together :P

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #596: August 31, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
Yay I conquered my first planet! Raining death from space on 2 others.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #597: August 31, 2011, 05:28:57 PM »
seems that a few of the big players might be multies. I was watching a few of my neighbours that have 200+ planets. 4 of them showed no activity since 23 August. Today all four came online.
Or they went out camping together :P

Shizzle's reason is actually more likely to me :P The game is fairly new, so it's likely the largest player just wanted his friends to play with him - like we're all playing with each other and got big-ish. If it is the same player, then someone really has a lot of time on their hands :P

I just realised how useless some of my colonies are. Getting on to level 40 and they've only got a few tens of thousand people there, hardly producing much steel each day - best they produce is food at just under 2k a turn. Can't do much about it either, to bolster them enough to become useful would take a ridiculous amount of resources. In the long run it might not be too bad because population seems to peek, so they'll just peek a lot later than other planets do, but right now it's holding me back >.<

Yay I conquered my first planet! Raining death from space on 2 others.

Yay! Congratulations! Are they just outlaying planets? Or someone's former home planet?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #598: August 31, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »
Outlying, quite far from his home base. I was gonna take that too, but someone beat me to it, so I'm snapping up any planet I still can. They all have population in the 5-digit range, so yay.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #599: August 31, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »
I already own someone's home planet, and will soon have swallowed up the rest of his planets into the Earth Federation. I'm going to have to renegotiate terms with uranus. He's colonizing in my colonization zone, so I proposed either an alliance with me, or a stop to the colonization. Luckily I am in alliance with sirgumby, who is quite a large player. Not quite as large as uranus, but large enough to make any war too costly to fight without risking a third party coming in and taking some of Uranus' less well defended planets.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:50:37 PM by Gustav Kuriga »