Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529638 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #615: September 03, 2011, 05:26:47 PM »
I'm going to need help to take out Oldry. Alone, he is going to destroy me.

I think Addridae is looking for a fight, he's currently sending fleets against De-Legro (probably knowingly), so you've probably got help there. Slapsticks might want in too. I'll help out in a bit, I feel like expanding for now. If it gets desperate then I can pump some resources into fleets and send them off to defend your planets, but I'd rather stay playing the colonising game for now.

Is there a way to merge fleets? I'd hate to have hundreds of small fleets scattered around. I want to build distributed, then meet and merge.

Nope, the only way to merge fleets is to scrap them and rebuild them. Scrapping gives you all your resources back, so you don't lose anything, but it's just inconvenient. Only problem is that this means you have to do it on a planet with a Military Base. Dave is working on it though.

In other news, my home planet is now trading rare resources. I've got a massive stock of them and I'm now producing way more than I can ever use (I'd need to build 4 Super Battleships a day). It's not worth any of you turning off your Matter Synths and relying on me, the cost is just too great for you (unless you're running a ridiculously high tax rate), but figured I'd let you all know anyway :)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #616: September 03, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

Is there a way to merge fleets? I'd hate to have hundreds of small fleets scattered around. I want to build distributed, then meet and merge.

You have to scrap them at a planet and then rebuild them together into one fleet. Hopefully a new way of merging fleets will be added soon though.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #617: September 03, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
funny thing about capital planets... mine uses 100000 food a day, roughly..... i guess if you take one with loads of resources, you do need to use all that to build arc to colonise something nearby (or linked) to give you food that you'll need a month or 2 down the line.
firefox

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #618: September 04, 2011, 06:17:28 AM »
I think Addridae is looking for a fight, he's currently sending fleets against De-Legro (probably knowingly), so you've probably got help there. Slapsticks might want in too. I'll help out in a bit, I feel like expanding for now. If it gets desperate then I can pump some resources into fleets and send them off to defend your planets, but I'd rather stay playing the colonising game for now.
Who should I be attacking, and what kind of fleets should I be building? So far, all I've been building are arcs.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #619: September 04, 2011, 09:26:03 AM »
Haha Vellos remember when you were all like, love and peace. Hilarious.

Anyway, make a big fleet, and set out towards Nu Fornpeia. I'll be incoming shortly.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #620: September 04, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »

Anyway, make a big fleet, and set out towards Nu Fornpeia. I'll be incoming shortly.

No Fornpeia? Why? Oldry's big fleets are at Pi Circax. I can handle his main defense fleet (I think). If I can get maybe 60 or 80 cruisers of allied support there, that should be enough to address all the forces at Pi Circax, which is Oldry's biggest concentration of forces it looks like.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #621: September 04, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »
Also... did the turn not run properly?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #622: September 04, 2011, 04:52:34 PM »
It did not... which sucks cause I'm raining death on a few planets :P

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #623: September 04, 2011, 05:51:49 PM »
No Fornpeia? Why? Oldry's big fleets are at Pi Circax. I can handle his main defense fleet (I think). If I can get maybe 60 or 80 cruisers of allied support there, that should be enough to address all the forces at Pi Circax, which is Oldry's biggest concentration of forces it looks like.

Why would you want to go after the hardest target? There's only 60 cruisers at Nu Fornpeia.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #624: September 04, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »
Why would you want to go after the hardest target? There's only 60 cruisers at Nu Fornpeia.

I've got to agree with Kai on this one, you should pick off his weaker targets first. He won't want to move the Cruisers at Pi Circax because they take so long to get anywhere, which leaves him vulnerable on both planets. If you keep some light pressure on Pi Circax meaning he can't move those Cruisers, then hit heavy on the other planets, you'll wear him down.

I'm going to colonise one more planet around my home ring and then start building Super Battleships. I'll get a few (5/6 probably) and then send them down to Omega Octansbae 3 - I'm guessing he won't have much there as it's his newest conquest.

What does "above average climate" mean? That's the one planet I want to colonise because I'm rather curious about it.

EDIT: Also, I'm sending a few fleets over to one of the new players (darthbenjamin at Omicron Monotes). If he's still active by the time I get there, I'll leave him be. Otherwise, I'll take the planet. I'll leave AntiMatter (at Sigma Delphus 6) to Addridae since I noticed you've already got a fleet heading over there and it's closer to your home planet than it is to mine :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 07:34:41 PM by Nathan »

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #625: September 04, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
Truly?

Well then, Nu it is. As soon as my fleets get home so I can scrap and rebuild, I'll send'em off to Nu Fornpeia. ANd then I will hope to dear God Oldry does not attack me directly from Pi Circax.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #626: September 04, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »
Well then, Nu it is. As soon as my fleets get home so I can scrap and rebuild, I'll send'em off to Nu Fornpeia. ANd then I will hope to dear God Oldry does not attack me directly from Pi Circax.

Keep some pressure on Pi Circax so that he doesn't start sending fleets off to other planets. You might also want to make a little scout ring around him so he can't slip anything by you.

Also, hello Addridae's other account! Just noticed your scout has finally reached us :P

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #627: September 04, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »
Keep some pressure on Pi Circax so that he doesn't start sending fleets off to other planets. You might also want to make a little scout ring around him so he can't slip anything by you.

Also, hello Addridae's other account! Just noticed your scout has finally reached us :P

I'm keeping blackbirds and scouts flying around Pi Circax, but I can't afford to send a real military detachment. I want to take Nu Fornpeia without any margin of uncertainty. He has 50 cruisers. I will attack him with 150. Nu Fornpeia being captured, I will begin building another fleet and, with it, I will take whichever planet seems best to attack next.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #628: September 04, 2011, 07:51:56 PM »

I was never a peacenik. I just didn't have the resources to fight everyone as you are doing. I still am looking for allies. Valakun to my south has an alliance with me. I ally as many neighbors as possible to build as broad a coalition as possible against as small a target as possible, thereby maximizing the chance of victory. If Oldry contacted me asking for an alliance and could supply some kind of rational for it, I would still definitely consider it.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #629: September 04, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »
If Oldry contacted me asking for an alliance and could supply some kind of rational for it, I would still definitely consider it.

But then who would you go to war with? Need to have some decent competition... Unless you were thinking about conquering everyone and then having a Nathan vs Kai vs Vellos showdown? :D