Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 534415 times)

egamma

Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #705: September 11, 2011, 05:44:22 AM »
jack daniels
drugsmrgarrison

I just sent out about 20 fleets of 5 cruisers each to the western end of jackdaniels empire. I'll declare war on him in a few days, and hopefully I snatch them all up. I have a follow-up fleet coming behind, I'm sure he'll notice eventually.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #706: September 11, 2011, 07:30:59 AM »
I'm coming up north towards fodder with two huge fleets. Superbattleships head each fleet, so we should be rocking and rolling soon enough.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #707: September 11, 2011, 07:36:46 AM »
One fleet consisting of 6 Superbattleships, 10 Battleships, 10 Cruisers, 20 destroyers, 25 frigates, and 40 subspacers. The other consisting of 3 Superbattleships, 6 cruisers, 10 destroyers, 14 frigates, and 26 subspacers. As you can see, I'm pretty set for any fleet that gets in my path. I'll be declaring war on one of the empires near fodder soon, hopefully with his and others to help me we can destroy them easily.

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #708: September 11, 2011, 09:15:41 AM »
I've just made the start of a large scale political map of the galaxy, you can see it at:

http://www.davesgalaxy.com/galaxy/

Thought ya'll might be interested.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #709: September 11, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Holy !@#$ Nathan, come help us against Oldry you fat piece of lard.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #710: September 11, 2011, 01:23:08 PM »
Holy !@#$ Nathan, come help us against Oldry you fat piece of lard.

No.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #711: September 11, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »
Great image Dave, I love it.  It does bring up an interesting question though.  How does your game handle spawning new players?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #712: September 11, 2011, 04:43:34 PM »
Great image Dave, I love it.  It does bring up an interesting question though.  How does your game handle spawning new players?

I've noticed they seem to spawn around each other on the edges of currently taken territory - like when Addridae and Slapsticks (along with a few non-BMers) spawned near me/Kai/etc. I'd guess there's also a distance-from-others check to make sure they don't spawn too close or too far away from existing players.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #713: September 11, 2011, 06:57:28 PM »
i can't believe i can see myself in that map...
firefox

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #714: September 11, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »
I'm pretty easy to spot, I appear to relatively isolated compared to everyone else (that red blob in the bottom left pocket of colonized space)

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #715: September 11, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »

Also, how are new connections made between planets?  Would you ever consider making connections between planets something you could buy or an upgrade to make?  Or making a new ship that would act as a cargo container to move supplies around?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #716: September 11, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »
Ok, you guys see that huge drab green colossus? That's uranus. You see that little red thing to his right, and the little light blue thing right above the red one? That's me and Agiri respectively. Not a very comfortable position.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #717: September 11, 2011, 08:23:18 PM »
I'm pretty easy to spot, I appear to relatively isolated compared to everyone else (that red blob in the bottom left pocket of colonized space)

Aww, poor you, so far away from everyone :P

See the yellow blob in the north of colonised space? The green to the left, that's Addridae. Dark Purple below him is Slapsticks. Grey to the right is Tom. De-Legro is the light blue that mixes in with Tom. The L shaped pink bit to the left of Slapsticks is me. Grey below me is Kai. Blue below Kai is Vellos. We don't own as much of the universe as I thought we did :P

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #718: September 11, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »
I completely underestimated how big uranus is. Could we have half his planets go rebel just to make it fair for everyone else?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #719: September 11, 2011, 08:55:32 PM »
Oh, I don't really mind, actually. It's given me the opportunity to grab a bunch of planets without worrying about neighbors. Once I grab a few more abandoned planets with high population, and hopefully snag up a home planet or two, I'm going to start building up an armada. Zootcat is creeping ever closer, and I have an uncanny feeling I might start seeing his warships on my turf soon.