Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529283 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #720: September 11, 2011, 09:12:25 PM »
I was joking. Uranus isn't particularly aggressive, just expansionist. He's more into colonizing empty planets the attacking other empires.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #721: September 11, 2011, 09:13:59 PM »
I was joking. Uranus isn't particularly aggressive, just expansionist. He's more into colonizing empty planets the attacking other empires.

That may be so, but probably has the fleet to back up any attacks on his territory :P

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #722: September 11, 2011, 09:16:46 PM »
Great image Dave, I love it.  It does bring up an interesting question though.  How does your game handle spawning new players?

Well, the old algorithm picked a random star, and then tried to find a star fairly close to it that didn't have a lot of neighbors, and had a certain minimum distance from any inhabited neighbors, and that was basically it.

The new algorithm makes a set of all inhabited sectors, and then grows that set by 2 sectors, then makes a ring of sectors around that, and picks a planet from that ring, and then does some of the checks above.  It's drastically faster than the old algorithm (because it basically picks planets in sectors that are already fairly close to inhabited planets, but far enough away to provide a good start...)

Now to fix all this new player griefing...
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #723: September 12, 2011, 06:16:08 PM »
I say we all gang up on JAH. He's attacking new players and swallowing up all their home planets, basically being an aggressive dickhead. I'll reroute my fleets headed towards fodder, if fodder doesn't have anything needing to be attacked. Unlike uranus, who'll only get involved if you mess around with his planets, I have information from a friend who recently created a new empire that he is getting attacked by JAH.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #724: September 12, 2011, 06:23:34 PM »
i'm not hitting anything (aside from 1+ week inactives) nor getting hit
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #725: September 12, 2011, 07:00:28 PM »
Righto, rerouting fleets.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #726: September 12, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
Kai:

Oldry has 64 cruisers in a fleet near his second planet (the one between Pi Circax and Nu Fornpeia). After we take Nu Fornpeia, I will probably shift all of its resources down to my home planet Airstrip one (assuming I take the planet; maybe you will take it; if you do, I'll return my fleet home, scrap, and build bigger), then we what do you think about a next target? Pi Circax still looks the most lightly defended, but it's pretty far from your fleets.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

« Reply #727: September 12, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
ha ha, I'm sending 3 arcs to
          (2038.3,2037.6). Anyone want to come?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #728: September 12, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
only 3?
firefox

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #729: September 14, 2011, 03:49:47 AM »
Kai:

Oldry has 64 cruisers in a fleet near his second planet (the one between Pi Circax and Nu Fornpeia). After we take Nu Fornpeia, I will probably shift all of its resources down to my home planet Airstrip one (assuming I take the planet; maybe you will take it; if you do, I'll return my fleet home, scrap, and build bigger), then we what do you think about a next target? Pi Circax still looks the most lightly defended, but it's pretty far from your fleets.

The capturer scraps and rebuilds at the captured planet, roll up the line. Ez.

I know there is 140 cruiser at Xi Monotes but I cant see Pi Circax right now. Put a blackbird on the planet and get a unit count, set up a scout wall between his planets. Plan probably won't change though.

Hey Dave, is any optimsation possible with the interface? It's nice but still a bit slow and laggy if you want to manage more stuff.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:00:45 AM by Kai »

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #730: September 14, 2011, 04:38:43 AM »
When is the best time to get mind control for a home planet?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #731: September 14, 2011, 05:39:29 AM »
When is the best time to get mind control for a home planet?

I've heard it's about 75, so it finished at 80 which is near maximum while still being self sufficient w.r.t food etc.

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #732: September 14, 2011, 07:55:25 AM »

Hey Dave, is any optimsation possible with the interface? It's nice but still a bit slow and laggy if you want to manage more stuff.

I'd like to do multiple selection of fleets/planets, but haven't gotten to it yet.  If you could select multiple fleets, and put them on a route and they keep their relative positions to each other, I think that'd be pretty cool.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #733: September 14, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »
Fleet: Fleet #23648, 98 cruisers (23648) Battle! -- Our Ships Lost:
               cruisers -- 3
Fleet: Fleet #25062, 10 cruisers (25062) Battle! -- Their Ships Lost:
               cruisers -- 7
Fleet: Fleet #23648, 95 cruisers (23648) Battle! -- Our Ships Lost:
               cruisers -- 10
Fleet: Fleet #20677, 60 cruisers (20677) Battle! -- Their Ships Lost:
               cruisers -- 44

Very cost efficient so far.

Does anyone know what the attack range of ships are and are they the same?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:00:35 PM by Kai »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #734: September 14, 2011, 03:08:17 PM »
Does anyone know what the attack range of ships are and are they the same?

I'd presume they're the larger of the two meeting fleet's sensor range. So if two fleets met and one had a range of 0.5, the other with a range of 1.0, the attack range of both would be 1.0. Otherwise the other fleet wouldn't be able to fire back, which is a little harsh.