Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529370 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #750: September 16, 2011, 08:15:08 PM »
I'm sure we mentioned that a week or so ago, but when I suggested someone take him over, it was mentioned he's near some big players and therefore not the best target to take over.

It's a little buggy. Sometimes you can see the fleet, other times you can't.

he's right next to me and dave...  i was trying to make sure he's definitely quitted before taking his place over.

then again, i was thinking of asking kingdante to take over my bit, but he was asking if i was interested in taking his bits...

unless squishy wants to take all of us? XD

amazoneon is to the left.. so that might be his ship. or it could be cadfan's. both colors are ... shades of green and can't tell. could have sworn i didn't notice that yesterday or the day before.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:17:55 PM by fodder »
firefox

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #751: September 16, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »
Do stronger warships have a better shot at taking planets than weaker one? I just had a SBS take a planet in the same turn it arrived, whereas when I send cruisers/destroyers it usually takes me 4-5 turns at least.

egamma

« Reply #752: September 16, 2011, 11:36:57 PM »
Do stronger warships have a better shot at taking planets than weaker one? I just had a SBS take a planet in the same turn it arrived, whereas when I send cruisers/destroyers it usually takes me 4-5 turns at least.

It's a 20% chance--so if you send 100 ships to 100 planets, and all 100 are undefended, then you should take over 20 planets per turn, on average. Well, actually, it would be:
etc.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #753: September 17, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »
I'm sure we mentioned that a week or so ago, but when I suggested someone take him over, it was mentioned he's near some big players and therefore not the best target to take over.

It's a little buggy. Sometimes you can see the fleet, other times you can't.

No. It's consistent. You can see the ship composition on a planet only when you also have a fleet on the planet.

Just luck.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #754: September 17, 2011, 02:30:02 AM »
No. It's consistent. You can see the ship composition on a planet only when you also have a fleet on the planet.

I can sometimes see Oldry's fleets when you/Vellos has a ship nearby (the one that had a lot of Cruisers on, I forget the name), but then sometimes I can't even when you have someone nearby/on the planet.

What browser are you using? Could just be a draw order issue for the browser messing things up.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #755: September 17, 2011, 07:04:22 AM »
I can sometimes see Oldry's fleets when you/Vellos has a ship nearby (the one that had a lot of Cruisers on, I forget the name), but then sometimes I can't even when you have someone nearby/on the planet.

What browser are you using? Could just be a draw order issue for the browser messing things up.

Same issue for me.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #756: September 17, 2011, 03:09:06 PM »
Interesting. I just colonised two planets in the same turn, both with the same amount of arcs, both of which have "Above Average" iron deposits. But they don't produce the same amount of steel. One of them is producing 12 steel next turn, the other 9 steel next turn. Both have 5k population. Not really much use to that knowledge, but figured I'd share anyway :P

EDIT: I just realised that means one of my planets will produce around 50k steel a turn once it reaches max population, with the other producing around 37k. Presuming the ratio of ~400 and ~550 people to 1 steel stays the same.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:21:51 PM by Nathan »

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #757: September 17, 2011, 05:06:44 PM »
Alrighty... I have a bunch of fleets approaching orbit on 3 different home planets, and a 4th will follow soon. Hopefully by the end of next week, I'll have at least one additional home planet 8)

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #758: September 17, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
I have 4

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #759: September 18, 2011, 07:55:39 PM »

Hmmm, it shouldn't be a draw order issue, the sensor rings are drawn with alpha, so you should be able to see both rings.  Hmmmm...

I wrote quite a few tests to make sure this worked properly, but weird things can happen.  Just to make sure what's going on -- if the 2 fleets aren't moving, does the Oldry fleet show up on some turns, but not others, or?  And it's fleets seen by a friendly power, not your own fleets, right?
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #760: September 18, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
will it be possible to see those planet traits somewhere other than in turn report on that turn? (tons of iron, rubbish iron, etc)

why does matter synth 1 say upkeep = 2.5% gdp (what's gdp of the planet? looks like plain old income/credit) min upkeep = 250 and then show 2000 in deficit big of the budget?

compared to slingshot 10% gdp, min 200 and show as the 10% (200 odd) in budget... that's on the same planet. eg.. kappa aquanis, (1921.7,1834.7) and Iota Circtes (1920.4,1832.9 ).. ps.. income on those planets are around 2k (had to up them to 2k to retain budget credit.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:32:57 PM by fodder »
firefox

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #761: September 18, 2011, 08:37:06 PM »
Just to make sure what's going on -- if the 2 fleets aren't moving, does the Oldry fleet show up on some turns, but not others, or? 

Oldry's fleet is sat on his planet. Sometimes I can see it on the planet, other times I can't. I've not paid much attention to whether the fleet that's sensor range showed me Oldry's fleet was moving or not. Kai should have a Blackbird in range in a turn or two, so I'll keep an eye on it to see when I can view Oldry's fleet.

And it's fleets seen by a friendly power, not your own fleets, right?

That's right.

EDIT: I just noticed I've stopped getting turn change emails. Anyone else have this problem?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:39:58 PM by Nathan »

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #762: September 18, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »
don't know.. i turned that off ages ago.
firefox

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #763: September 18, 2011, 08:43:36 PM »
I still get them, though today's turn mail came about 4 hours late.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #764: September 18, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »
I still get them, though today's turn mail came about 4 hours late.

Just got today's, but I don't have yesterday's :(