Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529207 times)

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #825: September 23, 2011, 05:10:14 PM »
deactivated (not scrapped!) after 1 month inactive?

Well..  Hmmm.  Yes, that would probably be best.  I'm still not sure if I should totally remove new players if they don't play.  On one hand, it's a tasty treat to find one, on the other, it's a potentially destabilizing thing.  Also, if you aren't at war with the PD owning player, it won't attack you.

PD Can be defeated, it's not impossible.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #826: September 23, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
Well..  Hmmm.  Yes, that would probably be best.  I'm still not sure if I should totally remove new players if they don't play.  On one hand, it's a tasty treat to find one, on the other, it's a potentially destabilizing thing.  Also, if you aren't at war with the PD owning player, it won't attack you.

PD Can be defeated, it's not impossible.

Can building 1 frigate every turn be defeated?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #827: September 23, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »

Answer: No.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #828: September 23, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »
In other news...

Oldry WOULD pick THIS time to attack my frontline planets, just as I'm trying to colonize close to him. Bah! I'll have to reroute my ships through a different path to avoid his cruisers.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #829: September 24, 2011, 07:45:16 PM »
interesting...

mat synth1 costs 2k q upkeep when being built but only 250 when built
firefox

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #830: September 24, 2011, 09:41:23 PM »
Cool....more and more cruisers from that jahroen fella inbound... Good thing I'm saving a lot of steel now every turn..... II just hope I wont forget to log in for one day ;p

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #831: September 25, 2011, 12:56:05 AM »
Need some help? Right now I'm not doing very much other than colonizing. Copla201 seems to be attacking me, but he is quite small and is likely being taken care of by kai.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #832: September 25, 2011, 07:31:24 AM »
Cool....more and more cruisers from that jahroen fella inbound... Good thing I'm saving a lot of steel now every turn..... II just hope I wont forget to log in for one day ;p

Facing a similar issue. Oldry is launching several attacks at me.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #833: September 25, 2011, 11:03:05 AM »
How many people of us are around jahroen? Else we can try to attack him on all fronts at the same time

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #834: September 25, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »
I haven't done anything for quite some time besides building attack fleets.  I've got about 3.5 pages of planets in a nice close cluster and decided to fortify.  It takes quite awhile to build up a good amount of steel for a good sized fleet.  For those of you who have been expanding a lot how many planets do you have and how much steel does your home planet make?

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #835: September 25, 2011, 04:01:22 PM »
I think I have about 6 home planets, 60ish planets and about 2 million steel in circulation.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #836: September 25, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »
Ya know what?

!@#$ Nu Fornpeia.

You can have it, Kai. I'm going to pull my fleet back to somewhere it will be more useful. Oldry is attacking my colonies, and I need to cruisers available to deal with that.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #837: September 26, 2011, 12:39:15 AM »
How many people of us are around jahroen? Else we can try to attack him on all fronts at the same time

I am taking almost 3 planets of Jahoren ever turn now, pity they aren't his best ones though.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #838: September 26, 2011, 06:07:54 AM »

Hehe, I am working on that too.  I'm going to run through the fleets, do the fleet-fleet battles, then do planetary assaults after the battles are finished.  There will still be a mechanism that can prevent assaults, but it won't be as harsh.  I'll probably switch it so that if the assaulting fleet is damaged, it can't assault. 

There will be much more nuance to Planetary assault after this upgrade, I think you will all appreciate it.  You'll be able to damage upgrades on the planets, which means you can take out PD, Military Bases, etc...
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #839: September 26, 2011, 07:36:09 AM »
... um.. i'm in the middle of grabbing cadfan's 2nd planet with 5 cruisers and not getting anywhere yet (compared to the speed of taking his capital XD)... and heading to his 3rd with 2 scouts... heh..
firefox