Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 534227 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #990: October 07, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »
Yeah, I think trade is broken.  Crap, don't know why either, cause it used to work great, and I haven't changed it in a long time.  Same thing with taxes not affecting production -- that used to work too.  You could go back and forth between the budget and info panels, any change in tax rate changed the amount of produced goods.   These might be related as well.  Fleets that are free trading also seem to be not picking destinations very well, they should be making a greater variety of routes.

I'm not quite sure what to suggest, but if you want to talk abstractly about what it does, a few of us have computing/mathematical backgrounds so we might be able to point to potential pitfalls.

I've finished the Planetary Assault changes, I think they're pretty good, I might need to adjust the constants some, but I'll wait for feedback from players before I do.

Yay! I'm sure you'll have a lot of feedback from Kai/Vellos as Oldry tries to take their planets and as they try to take his planets.

Which means, Kai, you might want to turn your fleet around at Nu Fornpeia since they might be able to take down that PD.

I really do want to have an awesome game in every way possible, working desperately to fix this stuff, promise.

We know, and we're very grateful for it. We're used to things being broken in BM, so whilst we rage a little, in the end we know that behind the scenes there's someone running around trying to fix it.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #991: October 07, 2011, 04:47:09 PM »
This feelgood comment stuff makes me want to throw up.

Anyway I'm not going to sac ships to test code. Good luck with that.

Also since the arc pop has increased to 2000 is it possible to give all planets below that 2000 population?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:56:53 PM by Kai »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #992: October 07, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »
This feelgood comment stuff makes me want to throw up.

Aww, poor Kai, I think someone needs a hug! *huggles!*

Also since the arc pop has increased to 2000 is it possible to give all planets below that 2000 population?

That would be nice, but I think the same approach as BM will be taken: everyone took a hit, so deal with it. Sure, it'll mean some people are disadvantaged, but not game breakingly so.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #993: October 07, 2011, 07:51:41 PM »
eh... what arc pop 2k?!
---
interestingly, my pd farm had the pd and ms1 deactivated.

i'm suspecting it ran out of Q because of the regional gov thing took a big cut - maintenance on the pd farm is roughly 80 odd % after all. or maybe trade incentive did it in, though there was no trade today.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:12:26 PM by fodder »
firefox

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #994: October 07, 2011, 11:50:28 PM »
eh... what arc pop 2k?!

It's active now.

interestingly, my pd farm had the pd and ms1 deactivated.

i'm suspecting it ran out of Q because of the regional gov thing took a big cut - maintenance on the pd farm is roughly 80 odd % after all. or maybe trade incentive did it in, though there was no trade today.

Hmm, Regional Government is only 5%, so 80+% would still mean you have Quatloos left over.

My guess is that it takes the money for upgrades before giving you tax, so if you didn't have enough left over to pay for all your upgrades, some went offline and then you got your tax income.

EDIT: Kai, how much steel was on carlwolcott's home planet? That place has been inactive for aaaaaaages, I'd guess easily 450k?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:02:05 AM by Nathan »

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #995: October 08, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »
I forgot the exact figure its between 2 and 3 million.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #996: October 08, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
I forgot the exact figure its between 2 and 3 million.

Wow, very nice. I was just going off when he last logged in, so seems he hadn't been spending in a long while.

What are you going to do with it all?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #997: October 08, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »
... still inactive.. a farm sub went inactive elsewhere.
i've scrapped some trade incentives and slingshots.. will see what happens...

they are all 20% tax... maybe that's why...
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #998: October 09, 2011, 06:22:52 AM »
Found a new planet of Oldry's

He is among a whole heap of inactive planets, so um this could easily become his new core.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #999: October 09, 2011, 08:51:27 AM »
Wow, very nice. I was just going off when he last logged in, so seems he hadn't been spending in a long while.

kill you

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000: October 09, 2011, 12:02:26 PM »
He is among a whole heap of inactive planets, so um this could easily become his new core.

Nah, south of Hierulf and east of Flyingmana, and I doubt they'd want a threat so close to their boarders.

kill you

Yay!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001: October 09, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »
how odd.. pd still offline
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002: October 09, 2011, 11:22:38 PM »
Nah, south of Hierulf and east of Flyingmana, and I doubt they'd want a threat so close to their boarders.
kill you

Yay!

Hierulf loves peace, Flyingmana just declared war on me so he is probably busy, but yeah he has been expanding into that inactive as well, and he apparently doesn't like to share.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Galle

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003: October 10, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just registered on Dave's galaxy too.

I'm Nr_3 at 1994.3,1685.2 and just about to colonise the star right next to me with two arcs.

Is anyone else close by?

The only other player close by is two far-off colonies belonging to MonteDrago. Does anyone here know anything about him? Is he aggressive?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004: October 10, 2011, 06:30:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

Hey there! Welcome to the forum and welcome to Dave's Galaxy!

I've found you, and you're right, you're quite far away from everyone. Your closest neighbour is fodder, but even he is a good few week's travel away from you. There's a big bunch of us directly left for quite a while - just keep going left until you hit a reddish pink collection of planets, that's me.

With the recent update, you can get away with sending just 1 arc per planet now. That's 2000 people, which lets you have a fairly productive planet by around level 75 (that would get you to about the same amount of people as is on your home planet at the moment). 2 arcs will mean it matures a bit faster, but not greatly so (probably same population level as your home planet by 65). Much better to send 2 fleets of 1 arc each. If I was being adventurous, I'd say send them to planets close to 4 distance away from your home planet first (but not over 4), then work your way inwards. That way they'll all be about the same level. After that, since your amount of nearby planets is fairly small, either find someone to pick on or send your arcs for a bit of a wander.

If I was being very adventurous, I'd say send arcs straight away to 2030.0,1659.8 and planets around there, nice big chunk of planets to colonise. But it's just whether you want to take that risk of not having colonies near your home planet.

As for MonteDrago, he's on the top 30 lists for everything. Upper-middle portion of them. So he's good, but I'm not sure if he's aggressive good or colonisation good.