Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529322 times)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1065: October 20, 2011, 07:06:28 PM »
Can newbies be utterly crushed quickly even if they focus everything on building up defensive fleets?

Nope. You can still do the "build 1 scout a turn" tactic to survive. Just build 1 scout and set it on anything bar Scout/Screen (so it attacks opposing forces) a turn until you've built up enough steel for a fleet to fight back, or until you've got a Planetary Defence, or both.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066: October 20, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »
i sent 5 cruisers to an inactive newbie planet

it says 5% success rate.... and kept blowing resources up.. so i retreated to get more ships.
firefox

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067: October 20, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
If having more ships means more stuff gets blown up each attempt, then now theres no way to take a planet without reducing it to a smouldering wreck. lol.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068: October 20, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »
Depends.

Poor newbies. That's kinda harsh. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069: October 20, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »
If having more ships means more stuff gets blown up each attempt, then now theres no way to take a planet without reducing it to a smouldering wreck. lol.

Unless you build enough to make it capitulate 100% of the time! :D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070: October 20, 2011, 09:05:13 PM »
I just noticed how insanely dense the colonisation was to the east, while there's barely anything to the west and south.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1071: October 20, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
Actually, you need to look at the whole map. Then you'll see it isn't the east that's dense in colonization, but just the area just southeast of the galaxy's center.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1072: October 20, 2011, 09:53:52 PM »
I don't understand the new planet capture rules. I have 5 fleets at an enemy planet. Irrespective of size, they all have a 5% capitulation chance, and it seems only one of them is fighting, for all the others it says "planet is defended" ?

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073: October 20, 2011, 10:24:44 PM »
I have 5 fleets at an enemy planet. Irrespective of size, they all have a 5% capitulation chance

What's in those fleets? I think if there's only 1 type of ship in a fleet, it's maxed at 5% chance for most planets. I've only seen single type fleets have over 5% chance on planets not classed as colonies (I think that's anything over level 25). If they're not mixed fleets, try using those. If they are, then my lovely theory is wrong >.<

and it seems only one of them is fighting, for all the others it says "planet is defended" ?

It's annoyingly always been like that. If they have 1 fleet, then only 1 of yours attacks, the others sit and watch.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074: October 20, 2011, 10:48:49 PM »
Why can't fleets be merged?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075: October 20, 2011, 10:54:14 PM »
not coded yet, i think XD

the way to "merge" them is to scrap them and then rebuild immediately.. no resource wasted, but you'll be transferring the upkeep to the new planet where it's built.. and obviously you can't do it in the middle of nowhere.

---
it's extremely silly to have it fixed at 5% for 1 ship type, if that's true... makes no sense at all. i'll probably have around 30-40 odd cruisers when i "merge" the ships to form a "big" fleet to try again. bet it's still too small.

when they arrive to be merged.... i'll link jump more resources there to build more ships...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:56:17 PM by fodder »
firefox

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076: October 21, 2011, 01:25:37 AM »
Hey Dave, what would you do if I declared war on you and began taking your home planets?

Crush you like a grape.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077: October 21, 2011, 02:20:33 AM »
Hey Dave, what would you do if I declared war on you and began taking your home planets?

Watch out, its called "Dave's Galaxy" for a reason. :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078: October 21, 2011, 03:10:38 AM »
Watch out, its called "Dave's Galaxy" for a reason. :P

It is tempting to try, but I'm already embroiled in to many ill considered wars, though Flyingmana only seems to be defending SOME planets, so I'm hopeful I might actually start stealing some soon.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079: October 21, 2011, 06:45:37 AM »
It is tempting to try, but I'm already embroiled in to many ill considered wars, though Flyingmana only seems to be defending SOME planets, so I'm hopeful I might actually start stealing some soon.

Meanwhile, why you monger war in the far afield, I am forming a shockingly dense cluster of colonies combined with very well-managed planets and a proliferation of PD.

If dark days ever come to our alliance, my space shall be our last refuge and citadel.

And I will, in a few months, be producing an absolutely copious amount of resources from all these colonies.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner