Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 535465 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1080: October 21, 2011, 09:51:06 AM »
While I use the resource lanes to my advantage, maxing out the potential of every colony.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081: October 21, 2011, 11:54:19 AM »
Both of you suck at this game.

Can fleet dots size scale with fleet size pls??????????????????/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 12:01:37 PM by Kai »

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082: October 21, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »
Huzzah! I finally completed a matter synth on one of my colonies.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083: October 21, 2011, 06:03:16 PM »
Huzzah! I finally completed a matter synth on one of my colonies.

I see 4 :P But congratz all the same. I didn't think you'd had the Largan account for that long... Time seems to be flying by :S

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1084: October 21, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »
Meanwhile, why you monger war in the far afield, I am forming a shockingly dense cluster of colonies combined with very well-managed planets and a proliferation of PD.

If dark days ever come to our alliance, my space shall be our last refuge and citadel.

Hehe, way ahead of you. My core planets are now all within 5 overlapping PDs. Let's see you fighting your way through that. :-)

What's in those fleets? I think if there's only 1 type of ship in a fleet, it's maxed at 5% chance for most planets. I've only seen single type fleets have over 5% chance on planets not classed as colonies (I think that's anything over level 25). If they're not mixed fleets, try using those. If they are, then my lovely theory is wrong >.<

Then it's wrong. Those were all mixed fleets. I'm now sending a 100 cruiser fleet to another, hoping numbers make a difference - but again the capitulation chance is estimated at 5%. Either I need even bigger fleets, or something is wrong here.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085: October 21, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »
um.. does it stay at 5% every turn? perhaps it grows the longer you stay?

i don't think i stayed.. didn't fancy blowing everything up.... before i got it..
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1086: October 21, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
Nope, it's 5% for all fleets, for as long as I've looked at it (at least a week now).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087: October 21, 2011, 08:58:33 PM »
so it just stays at 5% for the whole week whilst your ships just blew everything in the planet to bits? XD
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088: October 21, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »
Weird, Oldry sent 400 subspacers against one of my planets, and had a 14.9% chance of capturing my planet (I forgot to build a scout one turn). In other news, Airstrip 3 should have PD in 18 turns. Just 18 more turns of scouts and blackbirds. Then mass death of Oldry's subspacers.

Which, to me, says, "size doesn't matter (much)." Because that's a big fleet and still a fairly low chance.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089: October 21, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »
Hehe, way ahead of you. My core planets are now all within 5 overlapping PDs. Let's see you fighting your way through that. :-)

Do multiple PDs help? Will you get 3 chances at shooting down a fleet? If so, that's of some use.

But putting a PD on a big planet is a huge waste. PD should be placed on a low-pop planet with few expenditures and mind control at 65-75ish so that food never runs out. Then your big planets produce absolutely insane amounts of quatloos.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090: October 21, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »
heh.. my home planet is now draining money... because it's out of oil... XD
i might have to stick regional gov back on.. and hope the pds on the other planets don't go kaput
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1091: October 21, 2011, 11:06:11 PM »
Do multiple PDs help? Will you get 3 chances at shooting down a fleet? If so, that's of some use.

But putting a PD on a big planet is a huge waste. PD should be placed on a low-pop planet with few expenditures and mind control at 65-75ish so that food never runs out. Then your big planets produce absolutely insane amounts of quatloos.

Well, I certainly hope that more helps.

I put PDs on the big planets because the other ones aren't yet far enough to allow for them. I have other plans for the far future, but that's a few months off. In the meantime, I'll be slowly clawing my way up the scoreboard. :-)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092: October 21, 2011, 11:20:58 PM »
hate battle reports.. absolutely no idea where the fight is and who it's fought against.
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093: October 22, 2011, 03:28:26 AM »

You have low pop planets that are able to build PD's? What are you doing wrong? By time my planets hit society level 50 the pop is somewhere up near my home planet. I'm not bothering with building PD though except close to where I am fighting, I would rather stockpile the resources.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094: October 22, 2011, 03:29:31 AM »
hate battle reports.. absolutely no idea where the fight is and who it's fought against.

Turn reports in general need to be upgraded, but they are workable if you have the time to cross reference everything in the game.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.