Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529086 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1110: October 23, 2011, 09:49:04 PM »
Does mind control also stop population growth?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111: October 23, 2011, 10:08:03 PM »
@ Nathan: It is a problem when steel gets taken away from planets with huge resource pools and military bases to outlying planets with neither of those things...

@ Adriddae: Nope. MC only stops your society level from rising, it doesn't affect population growth.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112: October 24, 2011, 03:47:24 AM »
@ Nathan: It is a problem when steel gets taken away from planets with huge resource pools and military bases to outlying planets with neither of those things...

@ Adriddae: Nope. MC only stops your society level from rising, it doesn't affect population growth.

Trading needs some sort of control. Ideally you should be able to mark planets unusable for internal trade as well as external trade. Even better if you could designate what resources are tradeable for each planet..
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113: October 24, 2011, 07:59:10 AM »
lol screw micromanagement, just make prices more responsive to demand and let the free market do its thing

can you put in some negative feedback with the size of empires like in battlemaster? sending out 20 arcs a turn each from 5 planets is getting painful

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114: October 24, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »
well. let's see.

i have on one planet tons of food. because i built a food subsidy a while back which since was scrapped and an oil subsidy built instead.. so now it has  a huge stockpile of food, but doesn't produce any.

i think ships going there are buying up food rather than oil which is desperately needed elsewhere, which is silly as the food would be needed by that planet down the line.

that said, not entirely sure how many fleets are properly trading that route atm, it seems the circular route thing is rather rigid. let's say you have a route of B->A and you built traders in A and then set them onto that route, the ship info will be saying they are going to A, but i think they might be heading to B 1st and not trading there and going back to A... not sure, can't tell.

it would probably be nice to show what the deficit would be rather than 0, though presumably not all that important..
firefox

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115: October 24, 2011, 05:52:16 PM »
Hmh..Flyingmana has a little fledgling colony right next to my home world and now he's sending a pirate fleet at me. Only 10 cruisers so far, but still have to hope he doesn't get serious about harassing me.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116: October 24, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »
Hmh..Flyingmana has a little fledgling colony right next to my home world and now he's sending a pirate fleet at me. Only 10 cruisers so far, but still have to hope he doesn't get serious about harassing me.

You could try messaging him asking him to back off. He might not want to get into another war since I can presume he's in quite a few already.

Kai, you've got a single Merchantman heading towards Tau Cecilae Minoris from one of my planets. It has 500 hydrocarbon in it. Do you mind redirecting it to my home planet (Alpha Core)? I need 1k hydrocarbon to get a Regional Government, but my Merchantmen refuse to bring any home >.<

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117: October 24, 2011, 06:26:19 PM »
You could try messaging him asking him to back off. He might not want to get into another war since I can presume he's in quite a few already.

Yeah, I sent him a message. We'll see.

On that note, how do the battles work in the game? Is it one fleet at a time or do all the separate fleets at the planet engage at the same time?
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118: October 24, 2011, 10:10:03 PM »
I need 1k hydrocarbon to get a Regional Government, but my Merchantmen refuse to bring any home >.<

surely you don't actually need the resource to be present to start or build? it'll just drain extra money and extra time automatically?
firefox

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119: October 25, 2011, 12:43:40 AM »
surely you don't actually need the resource to be present to start or build? it'll just drain extra money and extra time automatically?

You don't. It's been sat at 90% for a few days now, taking a couple of Quatloos a day. Not sure why it's 90% because without the hydrocarbons it should come to ~95%.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120: October 25, 2011, 03:06:20 AM »
Don't forget to add me to the list on the first page!

Capital
Name: Xolotl Prime
Owner: Xolotl
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1121: October 25, 2011, 04:40:29 AM »
huntsmaster is officially afk. I am taking his planets.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122: October 25, 2011, 01:23:10 PM »
Don't forget to add me to the list on the first page!

Done!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123: October 25, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »
you can kill off cadfan and kingdante
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1124: October 25, 2011, 02:49:49 PM »
huntsmaster is officially afk. I am taking his planets.

Or at least attempting to. With a gratifying lack of success.