Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 534657 times)

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1125: October 25, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »
I'm almost done with fixing the trading system...  It was definitely broken.

I should add per-planet trade controls (i.e. 'only sell food on this planet'), but this change will make consumer goods more important on low society planets, which should keep the resources that you want concentrated were you want them (which was always my intention).

I will be adding a per planet 'happiness index' fairly soon as well, which will take into account things like new construction, foreign trade, etc etc.
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126: October 25, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
I assume bad things happen to planets which are very low in happiness? Heh, I'd like to see Uranus try and maintain happiness in even a quarter of his planets.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127: October 25, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »
I will be adding a per planet 'happiness index' fairly soon as well, which will take into account things like new construction, foreign trade, etc etc.

New way to wage war: stop all trades with your neighbour. Not just your own, but convince (or force) their neighbours to stop trading too, meaning happiness slowly drops and "insert bad thing" happens! Definitely makes having a larger empire hard to do :D

EDIT: Did anyone else not get a turn report today?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1128: October 25, 2011, 05:45:03 PM »
I got one.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1129: October 25, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »
Let the endtimes begin! I am attempting to conquer sirgumby! Feel free to join me, you'll need some very, very large fleets to get a good enough capitulation rate.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130: October 25, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »
Let the endtimes begin! I am attempting to conquer sirgumby! Feel free to join me, you'll need some very, very large fleets to get a good enough capitulation rate.

Oh dear... It's been nice knowing you :P

You might stand a half decent chance tbh. He's only got 3 more fleets than you and with such a large empire I'd guess a lot of those are merchantmen and arcs. So the element of surprise could be on your side. If you do some surgical strikes at his larger planets, take out his ability to produce fleets, you could win fairly quickly.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131: October 25, 2011, 06:10:17 PM »
Define very large?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132: October 25, 2011, 06:15:04 PM »
does that mean the tax rate thing will become a factor again?
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1133: October 25, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »
300-400 ship large. Oh, and Nathan, you obviously didn't know this yet. sirgumby is inactive. Only reason why I got rid of my alliance with him.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1134: October 25, 2011, 11:44:02 PM »
Hm, why are half my PDs suddenly inactive? I have more than enough money on those planets.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135: October 26, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »
What are the tax and tarif rates for, and at what level should I set them?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136: October 26, 2011, 01:19:55 AM »
Taxes determine your planets income, I see no reason not to jack them up to 20% across the board.

Tariff rate determines how much trading is taxed.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137: October 26, 2011, 01:49:22 AM »
Hm, why are half my PDs suddenly inactive? I have more than enough money on those planets.

Do you have just enough to pay for everything? I think it takes the Quatloos from trading and then upgrades before giving you income, which means if you don't have enough to pay for things before the turn change, something will go offline.

Taxes determine your planets income, I see no reason not to jack them up to 20% across the board.

They're supposed to effect your resource income, but I don't think they do.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138: October 26, 2011, 07:25:51 AM »

not necessarily trade. could be regional gov sucking up loads of income. now that all the pd is built for me with plenty of money in reserve... i'm going to stick regional gov back on in my home planet.... and will see what happens.
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1139: October 26, 2011, 09:13:17 AM »
omnommy nom on the sirgumby feast.