Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529180 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1200: November 03, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
Fine for me.

And is this the Hierulf from Dave's Galaxy we're speaking to?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201: November 03, 2011, 07:22:26 PM »
Fine for me.

Why yes, it is.  I've been talking to him a bit this morning, I'm looking into the issue.

--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202: November 04, 2011, 12:50:27 AM »

Aww, now we can't secretly plot to bring down his empire :(

EDIT: I'd also like to point you towards War Islands, a lovely turn based strategy game made by Tom. I think a lot of DG players might like it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:53:17 AM by Nathan »

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203: November 04, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »
yeah only if somehow they haven't heard of risk

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1204: November 04, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
yeah only if somehow they haven't heard of risk

While the basic principle is similar, there's a couple differences. And I have one more important change up my sleeves. :-)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1205: November 04, 2011, 05:40:53 PM »
meh, I lost my interest for it right about when I began...

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206: November 05, 2011, 06:48:43 PM »
Oooo, Dave's fixed taxes. It now shows you the real production of your planet for your current tax rate.

Although to be honest, I don't see much point in setting things to less than 20%. The knock you get from is only 0.5% per 1% of tax rate. So 20% tax means you get 90% resource production. This is only really an issue for steel because everything else is in abundance, but 1k steel less for a massive increase in Quatloos income? I'll take that and just buy in the steel instead.

It might make a difference around the mid-80s, where you're about to start making a deficit of food.
Also makes a difference for colony jumping: building an arc from a planet as soon as you can. Means you get those few anti-matter you need later, so takes a few turns more to jump the arc around.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1207: November 05, 2011, 07:17:32 PM »
Also makes a difference for colony jumping: building an arc from a planet as soon as you can. Means you get those few anti-matter you need later, so takes a few turns more to jump the arc around.

I actually don't do that. As soon as the colony is founded, I build bulkfreighters and send them back to the nearest big planet, where the steel helps churn out more arcs. On those planets, a couple arcs in population are barely noticed. On a fairly new colony, it slows down population growth.

kenwillard

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208: November 05, 2011, 09:42:04 PM »
Hello, new guy here.  Thought I'd say hi and read up, figure out if i'm doing things correctly.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1209: November 05, 2011, 10:20:49 PM »
Welcome. Ah, you're the guy who I messaged in-game. Good to know you're a BM gamer as well, I'll send you an alliance invitation shortly. :-)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210: November 05, 2011, 11:40:11 PM »
mwahhaha.. my home planet is screwed XD down to 6 figure cash (i think)

has to import food and oil, draining all money because not enough oil is arriving... doesn't sell enough consumer goods to cover cost... and interestingly, higher level doesn't give higher tax income.... doh!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:35:35 AM by fodder »
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211: November 06, 2011, 09:48:03 AM »
My home planet has 0% taxes and still runs a surplus in quatloos.

Three cheers for regional government!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212: November 06, 2011, 12:14:24 PM »
So I just hit 500 planets. With the exception of a few core planets I simply can't keep track of all of them, which has resulted in a good deal of them being rather screwed over. My favorite mistake was planets that have hit 75 society level, but have rubbish population. Must have used those ones for arc-jumps early on.

I think I need to work on some scripts to help monitor and organised my planets, and I certainly have some new ideas how to start out if there is another reset.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213: November 06, 2011, 12:58:21 PM »
My favorite mistake was planets that have hit 75 society level, but have rubbish population. Must have used those ones for arc-jumps early on.

Ahh, I've only started to do that recently, so I can expect some crap planets later on? Awesome >.< I didn't think they'd have a really low population though. By the time you can build an arc, you'd only be losing about 8% population, so it's not a great loss considering you get ~21% increase per turn.

Galle

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214: November 06, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
Hi! Did anyone find out what above average climate planets do?