Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 534387 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1230: November 07, 2011, 11:32:55 PM »
Question:

What's the biggest single fleet anyone here has personally witnessed?

My two biggest fleets so far was a 30 superbattleship fleet (really not impressed with that one) and a 70 Battleship fleet which hasn't fought a single battle. Other then that I've had large cruiser and destroyer fleets, but they were for PD take downs so they took a lot of damage
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231: November 08, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »
I think it is because Tom has the misfortune to be located next to some aggressive expanders.

Totally not me too...... I'm probably not going to expand to my east much soon. My friend who joined us up there needs a few more planets, so I said he could have the ones between mine and his territory. Whether I stick to that promise depends on how bored I get

Hopefully some of the trading changes will make maintaining your planets more of a focus.

Amen. I'd quite like to see planets change hands fairly frequently because of dissatisfaction, but then that doesn't play to the style of the game so it won't happen :P

Anyone noticed that fleets of the same ships can have different acceleration speeds? I've just seen an Arc with 0.335 acceleration, two of mine have 0.33, one at 0.324, eight at 0.325, with the rest on 0.35. Each of those speeds comes from a different planet. So perhaps planets have set speed modifiers they can apply to fleets? Perhaps based off society level?

EDIT: Seems so. Built an arc at a SL1 planet and got 0.251 acceleration. Built one at SL123 planet and got 0.35 (same speed for SL111 planet). Got varying speeds for planets in between. Next highest was 0.33 at SL80 planet, so I'm guessing it caps shortly after that? Educated guess would be maxing out at SL84, which is when food stops.

EDIT EDIT: A friend suggested (0.25 + soc/1000). Seems to fit for me, everyone else too?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:16:03 AM by Nathan »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1232: November 08, 2011, 12:29:11 AM »
Wow, just took a peek over at Tom's territory. Suddenly: ARCS! EVERYWHERE!

Yeah, I kind of decided to take the empty space left of me before someone else does. I've got about 75 arc fleets with somewhere between 150 and 200 arcs in the air right now. :-)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233: November 08, 2011, 12:59:14 AM »
I had 225 Arc fleets of 3 arcs each running a few days ago. Its up to 297 Fleets, but some of those only have 1 arc since I'm now trying to grab some key planets ahead of other players. Other then claiming space between my current cores, and pushing up against Flyingmana as much as possible, this is probably the extent of my expansion now, I need to leave at least a LITTLE space for my "allies"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234: November 08, 2011, 02:16:19 AM »
So, Amaury, want to take out MtnDew?  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1235: November 08, 2011, 01:10:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to balance resources between expansion and building up a fleet to defend against a constantly more likely attack from other expanding empires.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236: November 08, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
meh...
they are all losing money from regional gov... i'll need to scrap a lot of stuff around the home planet
firefox

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237: November 08, 2011, 05:46:41 PM »
meh...
they are all losing money from regional gov... i'll need to scrap a lot of stuff around the home planet

My second main got it's regional government today. Brought in 2.4mil :P I put taxes down to 0% like someone (Vellos?) suggested and I can make more money due to the excess resources I'm making - just as long as someone buys them, that is.

I got myself another 5 planets in the centre of the galaxy today, those 5 were set up with 2 arcs each (back when arcs were 500 pop), so I decided to build an arc at each of those and take 5 more planets, plus sending one out from the existing planet there. Giving me a grand total of 12 planets in the centre of the galaxy in the next few turns :P

Also, slightly confused: One of my planets has Drilling Subsidies and Trade Incentives, it's selling Hydrocarbon for 93 per 1. Another planet has neither and is selling it for 91 per 1, despite having a lower stored amount and producing less. They both have the same tariff and tax rates. So does Trade Incentives up the price for hydrocarbons despite it being in great surplus?

Galle

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238: November 08, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »
Another silly question: Can allies see your routes?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239: November 08, 2011, 08:43:16 PM »
don't think so.. unless no one else i'm allied to uses routes XD

i have some routes, so those around me can look and see if they can see it
firefox

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240: November 08, 2011, 10:03:53 PM »
Another silly question: Can allies see your routes?
Hmmm, no they can't.  I could do it though, it might add too much clutter though.  Another reason to add toggling of layers...
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241: November 08, 2011, 10:23:02 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to balance resources between expansion and building up a fleet to defend against a constantly more likely attack from other expanding empires.

Don't worry Tom, you are about the only one of my neighbours NOT on my "list"

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242: November 08, 2011, 11:12:19 PM »
Don't worry Tom, you are about the only one of my neighbours NOT on my "list"

Considering you have a few BM player neighbours, me being one of them, I'm a tad scared :(

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243: November 08, 2011, 11:19:59 PM »
Considering you have a few BM player neighbours, me being one of them, I'm a tad scared :(

I'm not ENTIRELY happy to have you so close to my expansion area in the core, its true. Meanwhile Flyingmana has 740 ish planets, at best I am taking 7 per turn, and as I take each planet he defends the remaining ones a little bit better, so I wouldn't worry about too much right now.

Does anyone use Slingshots? The upkeep seems rather expensive. I could see using them on my few core high production military planets but other then that I don't know that they are worth the cost.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:39:57 PM by De-Legro »

Galle

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244: November 08, 2011, 11:44:10 PM »
At the moment I use routes to delineate the border I agreed with a massively bigger ally. It avoids me accidentally breaking our agreement, but it would of course be very useful to have a way to draw up something like that for the ally to see too. If it is an idea for the game it would be nice to have that as a separate option too thought, as I also use routes for other info now, which I don't necessarily want my ally to see.