Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 535899 times)

Dav3xor

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1740: January 25, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
Yeah, I need to add some more support for pirating -- if you capture ships, the captured ships should head towards the pirate's home port, and if you capture goods, you should be able to sell them at a friendly port.

Also, the connections are a little wierd right now, will fix ASAP.

I've had some much bigger fish to fry at the moment unfortunately.  :)
--
Dave of Dave's Galaxy

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1741: January 26, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
I've been wondering about piracy recently - what exactly does it do?

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742: January 26, 2012, 09:43:52 AM »
It attacks neutral and enemy fleets, with a chance to capture/destroy any ships in the fleet. If you capture merchant ships, everything in their cargo hold will be yours as well. I haven't used it myself, so that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743: January 26, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
hm.. home planet? would that not give the game away?
eg.. if you are pirating in someone else's space with a "stealthy" boat
firefox

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744: January 26, 2012, 01:06:54 PM »
hm.. home planet? would that not give the game away?
eg.. if you are pirating in someone else's space with a "stealthy" boat

The stealth is gone anyway once you have a merchant ship or something else in the fleet.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745: January 26, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »
eh.. i thought he's implying a change where the captured fleet leaves on its own?
firefox

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746: January 27, 2012, 08:43:54 PM »
Well, seems my little piracy operation got noticed. Oldry, an ally of Hierulf, declared war on me and is demanding I give Hierulf free passage through my territory. There seems to already be some fleet shooting down arcs I have going out near my space..not sure whether it's Hierulfs or his allys, but I think this will turn ugly soon.

Oddly enough Hierulf has said nothing.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747: January 27, 2012, 10:13:48 PM »
probably reading this forum XD
firefox

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748: January 28, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »
Well, seems my little piracy operation got noticed. Oldry, an ally of Hierulf, declared war on me and is demanding I give Hierulf free passage through my territory. There seems to already be some fleet shooting down arcs I have going out near my space..not sure whether it's Hierulfs or his allys, but I think this will turn ugly soon.

Oddly enough Hierulf has said nothing.

Aha! I knew it!

I have long suspected Oldry and Hierulf were compatriots. This validates that belief.

I suspect they're actually the exact same person, Oldry being essentially the more military wing, Hierulf being the more civilian wing.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749: January 28, 2012, 02:36:17 AM »
Aha! I knew it!

I have long suspected Oldry and Hierulf were compatriots. This validates that belief.

I suspect they're actually the exact same person, Oldry being essentially the more military wing, Hierulf being the more civilian wing.

AHAH oh run in fear of Oldry. His only skill is finding new places to hide. Does explain EXACTLY how Oldry was seeing my own arc fleets though. Perhaps is is finally time to see just how well Hierulf can fight, he has massive PD defenses, I have lets see at last count 40k battleships.

Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750: January 28, 2012, 10:31:55 AM »
I hate having weekend only internet access... Lost my planet at the centre of the galaxy and not sure how easy it's going to be to get it back, given the amount of resources that were left on it and the amount I have on my other planets there.

Some of you may notice a rather large fleet coming from my home planet area up to the centre, that's essentially a back-up in case I lose my planets. I may lose them now, but I'm hoping I can take them back in a few months' time :P

How goes everything btw? I've not been able to go through everything I've missed, so I'm a little out-of-date on DG info.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751: January 28, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
I hate having weekend only internet access... Lost my planet at the centre of the galaxy and not sure how easy it's going to be to get it back, given the amount of resources that were left on it and the amount I have on my other planets there.

Some of you may notice a rather large fleet coming from my home planet area up to the centre, that's essentially a back-up in case I lose my planets. I may lose them now, but I'm hoping I can take them back in a few months' time :P

How goes everything btw? I've not been able to go through everything I've missed, so I'm a little out-of-date on DG info.

Spend every resource you can on those planets, and do it NOW. No point letting him steal even more from you. I really really should have brought a main battle fleet to the core earlier then now. From what I can see he is making masses and masses of 1 scout fleets. Building destroyer fleets as powerful as you can should help kill them.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:38:27 AM by De-Legro »

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752: January 28, 2012, 12:07:37 PM »
AHAH oh run in fear of Oldry. His only skill is finding new places to hide. Does explain EXACTLY how Oldry was seeing my own arc fleets though. Perhaps is is finally time to see just how well Hierulf can fight, he has massive PD defenses, I have lets see at last count 40k battleships.

Well, he does do hiding well enough. If you try to center on him from your neighbors list all you get is Hierulfs planets, none of his :P Apparently they're real life friends.

Hierulf is sending some scrap fleets at me from the last report I heard. 30 battleships so nothing to worry about. Seems he isn't taking me too seriously yet. I should start talking to some of my other neighbors. I bet they're as fed up with Hierulf as everyone else I've talked to. Already have myself and another player of similar size looking to cause grief for him.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753: January 28, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
Well, he does do hiding well enough. If you try to center on him from your neighbors list all you get is Hierulfs planets, none of his :P Apparently they're real life friends.

Hierulf is sending some scrap fleets at me from the last report I heard. 30 battleships so nothing to worry about. Seems he isn't taking me too seriously yet. I should start talking to some of my other neighbors. I bet they're as fed up with Hierulf as everyone else I've talked to. Already have myself and another player of similar size looking to cause grief for him.

Go for it. The more people you get on board, the more people will want to join anyway :) I've never gotten the idea that he really knows how to fight, or has the time to bring his empire to bear on the problem anyway.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754: January 28, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »
Spend every resource you can on those planets, and do it NOW. No point letting him steal even more from you. I really really should have brought a main battle fleet to the core earlier then now. From what I can see he is making masses and masses of 1 scout fleets. Building destroyer fleets as powerful as you can should help kill them.

Cheers, did that last night before I went to bed. Built as much as I can on all my planets and sent them towards the main, with a handful sent elsewhere to stop his expansion (he has a few planets I want, so no long-run harm :P). I had a few small fleets orbiting and had them head there too. Hopefully everything combined will be enough to take it and hold it until next weekend :P

EDIT: Lots of single scout fleets are very effective at taking inactive players btw. They have a 4.5% chance at capitulation, so lots of them can increase your chances quite significantly (yes, we have been over the maths before, no, I don't remember if what I just said is correct :P)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:58:51 PM by Nathan »