Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529274 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1755: January 28, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
Well, he does do hiding well enough. If you try to center on him from your neighbors list all you get is Hierulfs planets, none of his :P Apparently they're real life friends.

Hierulf is sending some scrap fleets at me from the last report I heard. 30 battleships so nothing to worry about. Seems he isn't taking me too seriously yet. I should start talking to some of my other neighbors. I bet they're as fed up with Hierulf as everyone else I've talked to. Already have myself and another player of similar size looking to cause grief for him.

I'll join you. I've got fairly good PD defenses and sitting on a large pile of resources.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756: January 30, 2012, 05:51:06 AM »
Well, he does do hiding well enough. If you try to center on him from your neighbors list all you get is Hierulfs planets, none of his :P Apparently they're real life friends.

Hierulf is sending some scrap fleets at me from the last report I heard. 30 battleships so nothing to worry about. Seems he isn't taking me too seriously yet. I should start talking to some of my other neighbors. I bet they're as fed up with Hierulf as everyone else I've talked to. Already have myself and another player of similar size looking to cause grief for him.

Maybe with his constant arc fleets, he just doesn't have the resources to send more?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757: January 30, 2012, 08:15:59 AM »
So, I just took a peek at Hierulf's borders.

And.... that's a lot of PD. Is it even possible to get through that kind of PD?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758: January 30, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
So, I just took a peek at Hierulf's borders.

And.... that's a lot of PD. Is it even possible to get through that kind of PD?

Yes, But and this a a Big but, the one and only time I tried against PD like this, was testing with an ally so its not like he threw everything at me. I sent 30 fleets of 100 battleships and 5 black birds at the planet, I had about 500 battleships left at the end. In a real war trying to take it on would be slow going an invite a lot of counter attacks.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759: January 30, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »
Even 1 PD actively defended is a nightmare and requires about 5k destro equivalent to even have a chance. Taking 2 PD actively defended overlapping would be really hard.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760: January 30, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
Well, I'll probably declare war on Hierulf tomorrow. Even sniping at his colonies would probably be quite an effective strategy. See how he likes it when his empire gets surrounded by others and he can't go anywhere. Maybe he'd play nicer after that.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761: January 31, 2012, 02:09:14 AM »
Send 4 cruisers to each colony, free clonies.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762: January 31, 2012, 02:13:44 AM »
Send 4 cruisers to each colony, free clonies.

He has been known to defend his colonies, so 4 crusisers will probably take some planets but not hold them long. However, if you accompanied a mass of small crusier fleets with a few large defense fleets, you should be able to take planets rapidly and defend them long enough to get them to the stage where they can defend themselves.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763: January 31, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »
Well, war declared. The biggest fleets I have going towards his colonies are about 100 cruisers with a whole bunch of ~20 cruiser fleets sprinkled in. We'll see how things go. Got a couple of stronger fleets I'm holding back to deal with anything large he might send my way. Probably going to have my ass handed to me, but what ever :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764: January 31, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »
Well, war declared. The biggest fleets I have going towards his colonies are about 100 cruisers with a whole bunch of ~20 cruiser fleets sprinkled in. We'll see how things go. Got a couple of stronger fleets I'm holding back to deal with anything large he might send my way. Probably going to have my ass handed to me, but what ever :)

Given my "angle" on Hierulf, he has mega-PD walls between me and him, so I can't get a good angle of attack.

But I can spam defensive fleets to you to defend your borders. Where are you located?

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765: January 31, 2012, 07:48:26 PM »
Given my "angle" on Hierulf, he has mega-PD walls between me and him, so I can't get a good angle of attack.

But I can spam defensive fleets to you to defend your borders. Where are you located?

1709.6, 1564.4

Hierulf has plenty of colonies nearby. Above me and a fair way to the right. Feel free to attack them if you bother to send fleets all the way up to where I am.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766: January 31, 2012, 09:56:36 PM »

If you have path North West, Hieruf has been sending colonies up towards the galactic core. You would have to go that way to get to Lilwolf anyway.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767: February 03, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »
Can someone remind me: is Kenwillard one of the good guys, or the bad guys? He's expanding rapidly around a planet of mine and I'd rather he didn't (I want those planets :(). I've got a large-ish fleet up there so I could attack him easily, but could he attack back?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768: February 03, 2012, 11:22:23 PM »
Can someone remind me: is Kenwillard one of the good guys, or the bad guys? He's expanding rapidly around a planet of mine and I'd rather he didn't (I want those planets :(). I've got a large-ish fleet up there so I could attack him easily, but could he attack back?

I've got decent relations with Kenwillard, in that I've never actually attacked him. What does it say about me when my idea of good relations with a neighbour is, have I declared war on them ever?

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769: February 04, 2012, 07:04:19 AM »
good relations means they're dead and have quit e.g. copla