Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 529636 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1935: March 27, 2012, 02:06:58 PM »
Yeah but he sends them 100 at a time. To take on serious PD defence you need to spam fleets at the one time and I've not seen Hieruf do that. I will lose some planets I'm sure, after all I'm only logging in once every few days, but I just don't see him making a real impact against my core production areas.

Dunno..he has sent like 10 such fleets at one of my planets and they've arrived pretty closely together. He's starting to do that at a few other locations as well.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936: March 28, 2012, 04:07:41 AM »
Dunno..he has sent like 10 such fleets at one of my planets and they've arrived pretty closely together. He's starting to do that at a few other locations as well.

Damn he is learning, he is also sending even bigger fleets, 300-400 SB each fleet. Sounds like we might go down fighting.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937: March 28, 2012, 07:25:06 PM »
Damn he is learning, he is also sending even bigger fleets, 300-400 SB each fleet. Sounds like we might go down fighting.

To be honest I'm probably going to quit the game. Trying to fight a war on this scale is just too tedious and time consuming. No fun or enjoyment in it.
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938: March 28, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »
To be honest I'm probably going to quit the game.

I'm thinking the same. I just don't have the time any more to fight wars and playing the expansion game isn't overly fun :(

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939: March 29, 2012, 12:12:29 AM »
I like sending arcs to spread my color. That's about it....
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940: March 29, 2012, 04:42:47 AM »
To be honest I'm probably going to quit the game. Trying to fight a war on this scale is just too tedious and time consuming. No fun or enjoyment in it.

Noooo then I'm facing him alone. I declared war to take the heat off you, not to end up fighting it alone.

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941: March 29, 2012, 06:35:41 AM »
I'm thinking the same. I just don't have the time any more to fight wars and playing the expansion game isn't overly fun :(

I've noticed a trend of people expanding so much that now they have this huge ungainly empire and no desire to manage it. They complain about how much work it is, and how much time it takes, yet they never stop expanding! You guys are like welfare moms complaining about all the children you have to take care of, but are still getting pregnant every chance you get.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1942: March 29, 2012, 06:46:54 AM »
why do you think I've stopped expanding as GundamMerc?

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943: March 29, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »

You're GundamMerc?

lol, I feel like the entire galaxy is just BM players....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944: March 29, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
... the ones around dave anyway.. or at least used to be.. west and south sides of him were us
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1945: March 29, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »
You're GundamMerc?

lol, I feel like the entire galaxy is just BM players....

Amazoneon is my ally, as is baz. Talk about friends in high places.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946: March 29, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »
Amazoneon is my ally, as is baz. Talk about friends in high places.

Yeah, I'm allied with Amazoneon and Petriborg.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947: March 29, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
I've noticed a trend of people expanding so much that now they have this huge ungainly empire and no desire to manage it. They complain about how much work it is, and how much time it takes, yet they never stop expanding! You guys are like welfare moms complaining about all the children you have to take care of, but are still getting pregnant every chance you get.

I was fine with the empire I had before I got a job, now I just don't have disposable time to play DG in :P

Qyasogk

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948: March 29, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »

I didn't know you were GundamMerc! Hi there neighbor! :D

Cuurz might disagree with your statement.... I had assumed he was inactive because I saw you invading his western colonies. I went to get in on the action only to discover that he wasn't inactive (and ran into more of DireKoala's fleets to boot.)

I consider my empire a mercantile power. We like to trade merchandise and count cash. When DireKoala destroyed several of our merchant fleets, that was basically our Pearl Harbor.

Now if only there were nuke's in this game....  >:(

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949: March 29, 2012, 11:34:27 PM »
Got bored so I've set up a new account. I programmed up some basic AI and the account runs itself completely. Be interesting to see how it goes. Bonus points to anyone that works out the account name.